Berlin recommendations

Reisr30
This topic is 1703 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I’ll be in Berlin next month. Any recommendations (e.g. hotels, company, things to do?)

Sofitel Kurfürstendamm is my absolute fave. The built in Bose sound system in the rooms is lovely for sexy time ;) I always book the Superior Room, 1 King Bed. The layout is sleek and spacious. Big bathroom.

9387_hofh_00_p_2560x1440.jpg

9387_rokgb_00_p_1024x768.jpg

Sana if you want something a bit moodier. I always book the Deluxe Room. Simple, modern. The indoor pool that is adjacent to a gym in a glass box is...fun.

5Standard_Room_clg8vd.jpg

Riu if you want something more affordable and relatively nice.

73233927_w.jpg

All of the properties are central to Tiergarten and the commercial area with all of the shopping, as well as Kruezberg where the bulk of the gay bars, leather shops are.

If you’re seeking a sauna situation: Boiler

If you’re seeking a more aggressive, sex-club situation: Lab.oratory

If you like art: Sammlung Boros, Hamburger Bahnhof

Chic neighborhood: Mitte

Leather shops: Kruezberg

If you want to dance: Berghain

Park: Tiergarten

I have endless recommendations, just shoot me a message.

Edited by hypothetically

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
What did they say at Lab? I’ve not thought they had any door policy other than follow their procedures/rules.

Maybe that’s the problem; I didn’t know their rules, maybe I was dressed too much like a tourist or looked like a dumb American. They said no

Maybe that’s the problem; I didn’t know their rules, maybe I was dressed too much like a tourist or looked like a dumb American. They said no

Yeah.....

Everytime I've been there I’ve been in full leathers. No problem at all getting in.

In fact, the infamously “rough and tough” doormen were down right cordial.

My advice...go with locals, dress like a local, and speak as little English as possible.

• 2 weeks later...
I had a great time in Berlin but I’m afraid I was rejected at the door at both Berghain AND Lab.oratory ?. Perhaps someone can give me some tips for next time...

I got "No" at both doors too. Went back to my hotel and changed into what I would deem leather / fetish gear, went back and walked right in (and everytime after). I checked most of the gear at coat check and enjoyed my evening. The door games are a joke, just jump through their hoops and you'll get in.