ryanwest LA

docroc

Your 2nd experience was my 1st experience! I visited Ryan during his recent NYC trip with such high expectations. The message itself was good if you like deep, he performs naked, has a great muscular body but the overall connection was lacking. After spending most of the session on my stomach, he asked me to flip over. Then said to sit up so he could do my neck which was OK. Then lay back down on my back. He straddled me in a 69 position and just went for my cock. There was no messaging of the front in any way, no work- up to the grand finale; just a quick grab and go like you were milking a cow. I was far from pleased and told him so. Let's face it from the little conversation that we had, he's purely in it for the $$$$. I figured that I was #5 in early evening and he had 2 more sessions to go before the night was over! How can you show TLC to 7-8 guys in one day? Is there even time to shower between each one? The guy puts in a full month's work as an ER nurse in 3 weeks of the month on the west coast. Then he travels to NYC to message as many guys as possible for the week to make $$$$ for medical school. I do give him credit for his hard work ethic but it's taking its toll on him. Maybe one of his regulars would be more sympathetic but I'm not seeking a repeat visit.

I agree with this. I gave him 2 tries and both experiences were like this in NYC. Second time I was shorted on time. Also had no idea he was trying to get into Med school or in it already?

How unprofessional. This guy is off my list. I will never hire him. He should have at least offered you a free massage session for the inconvenience, or at least 50% off a future session. I wonder how Ryan West would feel if you called him 10 minutes before your scheduled session with him, and said " I was working at the office all day and am tired" and then cancelled your session.

I have to say that I have been seeing Ryan West in NYC almost every month for the past 5 years, and have never once had a negative experience, or heard of him doing such a thing. In that 5 years I think only once has he called me and asked me if it would be possible to reschedule and I was happy to to be able to do that for him, as I work freelance myself.

Also, as far as "little conversation"-many people I know like to relax in a massage and not converse, and Ryan is an excellent masseur who concentrates on the job. I have read several posts from people on here who hate chatty masseurs and complain they talk too much. He has also never shorted me on time. Just putting this out there for balance-throwing him "off your list" and "never hiring him" may be jumping to unfair conclusions.

I have to say that I have been seeing Ryan West in NYC almost every month for the past 5 years, and have never once had a negative experience, or heard of him doing such a thing. In that 5 years I think only once has he called me and asked me if it would be possible to reschedule and I was happy to to be able to do that for him, as I work freelance myself.

Also, as far as "little conversation"-many people I know like to relax in a massage and not converse, and Ryan is an excellent masseur who concentrates on the job. I have read several posts from people on here who hate chatty masseurs and complain they talk too much. He has also never shorted me on time. Just putting this out there for balance-throwing him "off your list" and "never hiring him" may be jumping to unfair conclusions.

I get your point. Sounds like your sessions have always worked out great. The posts on this thread go back and forth on clients who ended up happy with the session, like yourself....and clients who ended up not happy, shorted on time, cancelled on last minute, etc. There are so many masseurs who have had no negative feedback at all in posts that I feel more comfortable going to them, and not wasting my time that I might catch Ryan West on one of his bad days. My time is very valuable, and I can't chance being a client who ends up like others in this thread who did not get what they signed up for. Thanks for your feedback .....sounds like he is working out great for you.

Edited by Dmitri

I get your point. Sounds like your sessions have always worked out great. The posts on this thread go back and forth on clients who ended up happy with the session, like yourself....and clients who ended up not happy, shorted on time, cancelled on last minute, etc. There are so many masseurs who have had no negative feedback at all in posts that I feel more comfortable going to them, and not wasting my time that I might catch Ryan West on one of his bad days. My time is very valuable, and I can't chance being a client who ends up like others in this thread who did not get what they signed up for. Thanks for your feedback .....sounds like he is working out great for you.

I get your point, but for what it is worth, I have tried several masseurs who have been raved about here and not been as happy as I have with my regulars. Wasn't trying to dissuade you, just to offer some perspective. Good luck with whoever you go with!

I get your point, but for what it is worth, I have tried several masseurs who have been raved about here and not been as happy as I have with my regulars. Wasn't trying to dissuade you, just to offer some perspective. Good luck with whoever you go with!

I think the point here is to consider our roles on this site. I certainly want to hear about masseurs with whom our comrades have had good (as well as bad) experiences; that's the main reason why we come here. It's when praise seems to grade into advocacy for a masseur, sometimes in the form of seeming to challenge negative experiences of others, that positive comments lose their value or even become suspect.

I think the point here is to consider our roles on this site. I certainly want to hear about masseurs with whom our comrades have had good (as well as bad) experiences; that's the main reason why we come here. It's when praise seems to grade into advocacy for a masseur, sometimes in the form of seeming to challenge negative experiences of others, that positive comments lose their value or even become suspect.

And you don't think that can work both ways?

And you don't think that can work both ways?

Hornytwells, by "both ways" do you mean that we should avoid writing malicious responses whose purpose is just to harm a masseur's reputation? I think we all agree that's also not the purpose of this site. The negative experiences with Ryan described above, however, don't have that character. I want to know if a masseur has smelled bad, shorted a client on time, cancelled at the last minute, or was chatty. You don't appear to be suggesting that these weren't the experiences of others. There is no need to try to "balance out" experiences that are different than your own. It's enough to add them to the mix.

Hornytwells, by "both ways" do you mean that we should avoid writing malicious responses whose purpose is just to harm a masseur's reputation? I think we all agree that's also not the purpose of this site. The negative experiences with Ryan described above, however, don't have that character. I want to know if a masseur has smelled bad, shorted a client on time, cancelled at the last minute, or was chatty. You don't appear to be suggesting that these weren't the experiences of others. There is no need to try to "balance out" experiences that are different than your own. It's enough to add them to the mix.

No, what I meant is why should a post that seems to praise and defend a masseurs reputation based on experience be treated as "suspect" but not one which attacks him? If one has an agenda, which you seem to be implying, couldn't the other also?

No, what I meant is why should a post that seems to praise and defend a masseurs reputation based on experience be treated as "suspect" but not one which attacks him? If one has an agenda, which you seem to be implying, couldn't the other also?

Hornytwells, comments that appear to be baseless attacks on masseurs should be condemned, but I don't think you are saying that any of the negative comments about Ryan are baseless.

What I am suggesting is that there is a difference between posting positive experiences about masseurs and "defending" them. What suggests an "agenda," to use your word, is going beyond adding one's positive experience to the discussion by moving onto language which seems to challenge or excuse other, less positive experiences. It is enough, for example, for you to say that he has usually been reliable in his appointments with you. You go beyond that, however, when you write that you "never...heard of him doing such a thing" as being unreliable. You, in fact, heard it from this very thread! Likewise, posting your own attitude towards Ryan's level of talkitiveness is appropriate, but it's bewildering to me why you would feel the need to tell us that "many people I know like to relax in a massage and not converse." We can speak for ourselves, and the posters in this thread have. The same goes for this comment of yours: "I have read several posts from people on here who hate chatty masseurs and complain that they talk too much." Again, we don't need you to tell us what others think. We can read. Your engaging in this kind of rhetoric is what makes your post seem like advocacy.

I'm glad you have had good experiences with Ryan, but good masseurs don't need defenders. Their work and positive comments posted about them on this site are sufficient.

I saw Ryan again last night. The massage was GREAT!! He’s really one of the few that gives really good deep tissue out here in NYC. I‘ve had two sessions with him so far and haven’t been shorted on time. I feel bad some folks here was shorted on time and their experiences weren’t the greatest when they hired him, but I’d hire him again. I can’t complain too much since I have left satisfied with the service Ryan provided on both occasions.

• 1 year later...

Your 2nd experience was my 1st experience! I visited Ryan during his recent NYC trip with such high expectations. The message itself was good if you like deep, he performs naked, has a great muscular body but the overall connection was lacking. After spending most of the session on my stomach, he asked me to flip over. Then said to sit up so he could do my neck which was OK. Then lay back down on my back. He straddled me in a 69 position and just went for my cock. There was no messaging of the front in any way, no work- up to the grand finale; just a quick grab and go like you were milking a cow. I was far from pleased and told him so. Let's face it from the little conversation that we had, he's purely in it for the $$$$. I figured that I was #5 in early evening and he had 2 more sessions to go before the night was over! How can you show TLC to 7-8 guys in one day? Is there even time to shower between each one? The guy puts in a full month's work as an ER nurse in 3 weeks of the month on the west coast. Then he travels to NYC to message as many guys as possible for the week to make $$$$ for medical school. I do give him credit for his hard work ethic but it's taking its toll on him. Maybe one of his regulars would be more sympathetic but I'm not seeking a repeat visit.

he actually sucked your dick?>

I liked him but...in hindsight, he did seem to rush it;

it's weird how you can have a 1 hour massage and it feels perfectly timed and you feel like a valued customer.

But other times, you can get that same 1 hour, but it FEELS totally rushed like the guy has something else on his mind. But it's hard to put your finger on it when you get the same amount of time.

Can you imagine having him as a nurse and you need him to get out of bed so he can take you to x-rays or to the bathroom?

I hope he doesn't rush his patients!

I did like him and would be willing to book 90 minutes if he'd slow down a bit.

Totally oppposite experience .... ymmv and he even said depends on look and vibe of the guy - I’ve seen him several times in Long Beach .... great massage very firm and strong ...always went over the time and typically ended up not on massage table but he never started that part until the hour was up with me.

Totally oppposite experience .... ymmv and he even said depends on look and vibe of the guy - I’ve seen him several times in Long Beach .... great massage very firm and strong ...always went over the time and typically ended up not on massage table but he never started that part until the hour was up with me.

That's always been my experience too

Ryanwest was one of my first hires, I stopped getting massage for a while because the experience was horrible. I arrived about 5 mins earlier before the appointment time and coincidentally met him outside in the parking area while he was leaving his truck with his food bad in the hand, I was told to wait outside until he finishes meal and gets ready. he showed good skills and performed the massage with some body lotion and provided his private part to play with towatds the end. After the massage I was super embarrassed to know that i was declined to use the shower. Anyway he looked like a decent guy, just unfortunately for me at that moment to be hit by his unpleasant side that day.

Because of this experience I was scared to hire another masseur Rainer since I heard they are boyfriends.

I am asking this question without judgement, and from a place of genuine curiosity. Do you guys not verbalize to the provider in the moment on what you want, and/or redirect them if they are doing something unpleasant? I had a massage with someone who kept checking a beeping phone. I politely said "you know, I am finding that very disruptive. If there's some need for you to have attention elsewhere I am happy to come back another time." He apologized, silenced his phone and gave me a great rest of the session. I understand feeling vulnerable because you're naked and face down, but you have to retain ownership of your self-interest, politely.