Farewell, Bubbles

deej
This topic is 6175 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

We lost a great one today. Beverly Sills passed away.

Her talent as a coloratura was phenomenal, but if you ever met her you'd know her real talent was just being REAL, accepting, and open to all she met.

One last time:

BRAVA!

We will be poorer in your absence, Bubbles.

Yes, even if we have been sort of waiting for this for few days, it's another sad day for opera buffs.

Too many great left us in the last 2-3 years!

And only a few remain, but life will of course not be forever for them either.

I hear Pavarotti is also terminal...

Farewell Bubbles!

When I lived in New York in the 1960s, a friend told me that I must go see "Le Coq d'Or" at the NYC Opera just for a sensational soprano named Beverly Sills. As soon as I heard her, I was hooked, and I saw her many more times in her all-too-short career. She represented the absolute best of New York, not only as an artist but as a professional in everything she did after her singing career.

Beverly Sills was wonderful on stage and also on television. Her performances were always a delight for ear and eye. She was also an excellent hostess on many programs, both enlightening and entertaining. I will miss her.

Requiescat in pace.

Archived