Bobby Vee and Neil Sedaka rumors?

This topic is 1784 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I just saw Bobby Vee's photo in the ND State House in Bismarck, and he sure looked super gay. He was before my time, so I looked him up when I got to my hotel in Dickinson (great name for a city!), and he really seemed gay, though he got married and had kids. Also popping up on YouTube was Neil Sedaka, who also seemed to be really gay. Do some of our older members remember any rumors about these men in the day?

Neil Sedaka has a distinctly feminine aura. He was known to have a crush on Carol King and wrote a song I believe it was Hey Carol and then a reply song was written that was something like Hey Neil.

Never heard any rumors about Bobby Vee but a brief search states that he was married for 50 years and that Bob Dylan, at the beginning of his career, played in the band with Bobby Vee. His biggest hit was written by Carol King, so that brings us back to Sedaka

I found this little quote, which suggested that Sedaka might have been "a gay".

Greenfield, Sedaka’s late partner, was openly gay and people started to suspect that Neil Sedaka was a gay also, although he did not confess to it. People believed that Greenfield may not have been the only gay in the Brill Building, but that he was the most famous one. People who suspect Neil Sedaka is gay claim that his behaviors were suspicious and also was rumored to have a secret Russian boyfriend. Those who believe Neil Sedaka is straight point to the fact that he’s married and has kids. Sedaka however did not comment on the speculation to the question is Neil Sedaka gay?

Edited by purplekow

Part of it is I think that they both have higher voices. And another part is I think due to fashion styles of the era although I have to admit to wondering about Neil too. But not every mild mannered, soft-spoken male is gay. At least I don't think so.

And if you want to see a gay looking picture of someone that I've never heard gay rumors about, take a look at this picture of Frankie Avalon.

220px-Venus_single_avalon.jpg

Gman

Part of it is I think that they both have higher voices. And another part is I think due to fashion styles of the era although I have to admit to wondering about Neil too. But not every mild mannered, soft-spoken male is gay. At least I don't think so.

And if you want to see a gay looking picture of someone that I've never heard gay rumors about, take a look at this picture of Frankie Avalon.

220px-Venus_single_avalon.jpg

Gman

If you read about Neil Sedaka, he was friends with Greenfield from the time Sedaka was 13 and Greenfield was 16. Greenfield was definitely gay. Sedaka and Greenfield were writing partners for about 25 years.

..Those who believe Neil Sedaka is straight point to the fact that he’s married and has kids...

What kind of a non-argument/non-response is that?... ;)

John Travolta and Tom Cruise are married also, but I've heard too many rumors, from sources which are too good, to feel quite confident they're not straight. And they come from a time when it would be more possible to be out as gay. There is no way a successful entertainer could have come out as gay in the 60s. Getting married was a must.

Edited by Unicorn