Rapport building activities?

MidAndy
This topic is 1792 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

from what providers have told me:

I don't try to impress a provider with expensive meals and pretentious hotels......I'm a bit low-key and salt-of-the-Earth honest and providers have told me how "nice" I am........jeans and t-shirt kinda guy........easy-going chat and kick-back hanging out during the meet instead of humorless business.......and my famous Trader Joe gift cards......

Besides sitting down, drink, and talk what helps you for rapport building with a client or provider?

Punctuality, Mutual Attentiveness,

Mutual Respect

Making trustworthy recommendations within your network of providers when you are not available for your client.

Aiding your client navigate the intricacies of hiring a provider.

When introducing a new element into the arrangement (a 3some or more), choosing the participants together.

Checking in with your client when (and if) appropriate.

..to name a few.

Communicating with a guy is a great way to build rapport. It can start while determining compatibility, while scheduling, between scheduling and the date, and during the date. I find @azdr0710's advice about expensive restaurants to be true - no need to impress with "things." Just be a gentleman and treat the other person as you would like ti be treated.

Punctuality, Mutual Attentiveness,

Mutual Respect

Making trustworthy recommendations within your network of providers when you are not available for your client.

Aiding your client navigate the intricacies of hiring a provider.

When introducing a new element into the arrangement (a 3some or more), choosing the participants together.

Checking in with your client when (and if) appropriate.

..to name a few.

Spot on.

Professionalism. Respect. Courtesy & caring.