Happy Birthday, Smurof.

Smurof
This topic is 1801 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

What a day. I go to get a Sam's Club membership, smile for the camera, pay with cash, grab my card, then scurry over to the gas station. Then it got fun.

My new card wouldn't take at the pump, so I went to the gas station attendant. He told me my card was invalid. I showed him my receipt. He said to go back inside the store because I have a void, inactivated card. Flustered, I head back in to the store. Now for more fun.

The lady who helped me was gone. The on-duty clerk told me that what I had could not possibly be my membership or it would have a photo on the back. What I had was just a plastic card with no value. I told him the lady not even 10 minutes ago took my picture and this is what she gave me. He told me to come back to speak with a manager the following day, but what I have is just a random inactive card.

Nearly 50 bucks I spend for what was to be 1 year of savings, but instead am left with the accusations that I'm delirious in having purchased a membership. Am I up a creek here? I'm not going to pay twice, but it seems like getting this resolved would need to involve security camera work. Where's my real card?

What a day. I go to get a Sam's Club membership, smile for the camera, pay with cash, grab my card, then scurry over to the gas station. Then it got fun.

My new card wouldn't take at the pump, so I went to the gas station attendant. He told me my card was invalid. I showed him my receipt. He said to go back inside the store because I have a void, inactivated card. Flustered, I head back in to the store. Now for more fun.

The lady who helped me was gone. The on-duty clerk told me that what I had could not possibly be my membership or it would have a photo on the back. What I had was just a plastic card with no value. I told him the lady not even 10 minutes ago took my picture and this is what she gave me. He told me to come back to speak with a manager the following day, but what I have is just a random inactive card.

Nearly 50 bucks I spend for what was to be 1 year of savings, but instead am left with the accusations that I'm delirious in having purchased a membership. Am I up a creek here? I'm not going to pay twice, but it seems like getting this resolved would need to involve security camera work. Where's my real card?

1. Get a Costco membership

2. Request a refund for your Sam's Club membership

Different situations, but I am the same guy. Yes, the tire situation can place blame on me for not looking at the tires, absolutely. Here's the follow-up to this incident.

The next day, I was asked the name of the associate who took my photo. I didn't know.

Do you have the receipt? It would have the associate number printed somewhere on it.

I was asked to provide the name of the person who told me my photo would be on the back of the card, because that is no longer done. I didn't know that either. She told me it's not uncommon for breaks to be given by associates who aren't aware of all of the brand new changes in membership policies, such as no photos on the new cards, as this is quite new.

...There is no Costco anywhere near where I live, but I do have about a week to decide if I'm going to get a refund for this membership. The cheap gasoline would be my primary motivator, as it's 30 cents a gallon less at Sam's than the nearest competitor.

So does the membership card work now?

Thank you! I loved cutting birthday cake when I was younger, and would make sure I cut enough slices so I didn't have to have any. "Didn't you save yourself a piece?!?" No. I just breathed all over this thing with all my might. I'm good.

tumblr_ptugx7Oemn1y1fkr0o1_640.png

Notice the absence of cake. ;)