Streisand at Mad Sq Garden AUG 3

jerrybythesea
This topic is 1735 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 more days until the great concert......hope she does some duets there like she did in Brooklyn concert

I bought a ticket yesterday. Not a fan of Madison Square Garden, but, I did see U2 and Patti Smith there as well as James Taylor with Carole King. And in 1967, Judy Garland performed there.

Edited by WilliamM

She has had so many "last" concerts. But I don't care. She can do no wrong in my book. I love her most recent single, "Don't Lie to Me." It's all about our wonderful president, who I always thought had hit rock bottom, but manages to dig a little deeper with each passing tweet. You go on, Barbra. Keep having all the last concerts you want. You are the soundtrack to much of my life.

She has had so many "last" concerts. But I don't care. She can do no wrong in my book. I love her most recent single, "Don't Lie to Me." It's all about our wonderful president, who I always thought had hit rock bottom, but manages to dig a little deeper with each passing tweet. You go on, Barbra. Keep having all the last concerts you want. You are the soundtrack to much of my life.

I do not follow her closely to know about the last concert problem. She was just ok in the Boston tryout of "Funny Girl" many, many years ago. Luckily the problems must have been fixed before New York. But Streisand was wonderful in "Wholesale."

From the time she came onto the scene I was a fan of Barbra Streisand's singing, but my admiration for her and also Walter Matthau skyrocketed as professionals after their performances in the film Hello Dolly. Off stage they could not tolerate the sight of each other, but on screen there was not a hint of it. I have never been able to do that.

tried googling this, but nothing turned up......has she had problems with her Vegas runs?......or what's the story?.......thanks

Her Dressed To Kill tour was cancelled totally due to a 'mystery illness' and her attendance record for the Classic Cher show in Vegas has been a little bumpy. She spent a few weeks early this year with a lingering sickness and cancelled many shows.

Don't get me wrong: She's 73. I cut her a lot of slack. I also know that a Broadway producer wouldn't be foolish enough to ask her to do a traditional 8x a week show. She'd likely get the Bette Midler Dolly deal, go 5-6x a week and also get a nice cut of the merch.

Even in her 70s, I'd still like to see her tackle Mame.