LA GAy Pride Parade Today.

Funseeker 22
This topic is 6186 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Nice to hear about the LA Pride Parade and Sao Paulo's too. Unfortunately we don't have one to look forward to in Montreal this year (it has been usually held on the first weekend of August) because of infighting and mismanagement in the local gay community.

I tend to stay away from the "professional" gays who like to organize things but from what I can gather the men and the lesbians aren't getting along too well, especially the owners of gay businesses who disagree with some prominent lesbians. The financial fiasco that was the Gay Games last year (although the Games were great themselves) did not help, especially when the lesbian who ran the financial side of the operation disappeared for months afterwards with losses in the millions. Governments stepped in to cover those as usual here in Canada.

Anyway it doesn't much matter as the Gay Village itself is doing fine and thriving with all its usual attractions. So I will not personally really miss the parade which I must admit I had stopped going to in latter years after it rerouted through the downtown although I did enjoy the side attractions which occurred in the Village.

Nice to hear about the LA Pride Parade and Sao Paulo's too. Unfortunately we don't have one to look forward to in Montreal this year (it has been usually held on the first weekend of August) because of infighting and mismanagement in the local gay community.

I tend to stay away from the "professional" gays who like to organize things but from what I can gather the men and the lesbians aren't getting along too well, especially the owners of gay businesses who disagree with some prominent lesbians. The financial fiasco that was the Gay Games last year (although the Games were great themselves) did not help, especially when the lesbian who ran the financial side of the operation disappeared for months afterwards with losses in the millions. Governments stepped in to cover those as usual here in Canada.

Anyway it doesn't much matter as the Gay Village itself is doing fine and thriving with all its usual attractions. So I will not personally really miss the parade which I must admit I had stopped going to in latter years after it rerouted through the downtown although I did enjoy the side attractions which occurred in the Village.

Archived