WantMassageNoMoney

bendable2019
This topic is 1797 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have come across a few clients wanting to have a massage but they don’t have the money. I know the final deal here is always when they have the money then they can contact the masseur. Has there been any instance where a massage is offered and the client pays later? How did it go?

Can you imagine walking into a car dealership and telling them you want to drive off the lot in a Ferrari, but have no cash or means of payment? Does later work, dude?

In all seriousness, what are you actually asking? Are you asking as a client, what are the odds that this tactic will work? Or are you asking as a service provider, what are the odds the client will actually pay you at a later date?

When I was doing therapeutic massage, every once in a great while, I'd get a built hot client, female or male, who tried to "barter" for my services. I never took any of them up on their offers. One substantial male surfer comes to mind. I just played it off as I worked on him on the deck of his place overlooking the ocean.

Can you imagine walking into a car dealership and telling them you want to drive off the lot in a Ferrari, but have no cash or means of payment? Does later work, dude?

In all seriousness, what are you actually asking? Are you asking as a client, what are the odds that this tactic will work? Or are you asking as a service provider, what are the odds the client will actually pay you at a later date?

As a services provider.

Guest InthePines

Well actually, yeah. I think most people who walk into a car dealership have no money, but at least with an auto purchase there's terms and tangible property to repossess, but I totally respect what you're saying.

I do think simply making such a request is a violation of a honorable sense of trade and you're correct to feel uneasy.

I would take the highroad @bendable2019 and tell the person inquiring that while you believe in charity, you run a for profit business and your donation budget is currently exhausted.

Well actually, yeah. I think most people who walk into a car dealership have no money, but at least with an auto purchase there's terms and tangible property to repossess, but I totally respect what you're saying.

I do think simply making such a request is a violation of a honorable sense of trade and you're correct to feel uneasy.

I would take the highroad @bendable2019 and tell the person inquiring that while you believe in charity, you run a for profit business and your donation budget is currently exalted.

Thank you indeed for that...

I made a deal with the bank, I won't loan money and they won't sell my products.

I wonder how the 'client' found you without your paying for a ad?, gaining knowledge in massage?, setting up a location with a table and massage products? I'm certain the common denominator was $$$.¢¢.

The quote, “I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a massage today.” is a rip on Wimpy, Popeye's friend who said, "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."

Guest InthePines
The character Wimpy used to say that in old Popeye cartoons, with "hamburger" instead of "massage."

Sadly, I knew exactly who you were talking about. I feel so old. tumblr_lzv6zkcULH1rq6uzzo1_500.jpg

I made a deal with the bank, I won't loan money and they won't sell my products.

I wonder how the 'client' found you without your paying for a ad?, gaining knowledge in massage?, setting up a location with a table and massage products? I'm certain the common denominator was $$$.¢¢.

The quote, “I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a massage today.” is a rip on Wimpy, Popeye's friend who said, "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."

I have an ad dude! That’s how that client contacted me.

I have come across a few clients wanting to have a massage but they don’t have the money. I know the final deal here is always when they have the money then they can contact the masseur. Has there been any instance where a massage is offered and the client pays later? How did it go?

I just cannot imagine that goes well... It kind of for minds me of going to the doctor and getting balanced bill weeks after the insurance Carrier works their hocus pocus.

I've noticed masseurs in South Florida are accepting many more forms of payment, even bitcoin, and offering "prepaid" discounts on massage packages. Very entrepreneurial of them! I'm sure some bright provider will soon discover a way to secure a "massage on credit" at a premium, the proverbial burger today.

Guest fm0322

Occasionally I read a post on this site and wonder if it's a ploy. A post made to see who responds and how they react. I have prepaid for several massages with a masseur I like, but generally, pay as I go. One masseur I see occasionally asks to be paid in advance because he travels. I like that system because the massage session does not involve trading cash at the end. I don't this person anymore, but I liked the system. If a masseur I use asked for ApplePay, Cash, Venmo up front, I'd be a big fan.

I have an ad dude! That’s how that client contacted me.

Suppose another masseur had called you up an asked if you wanted to do a same day massage trade? I mentioned in another thread that my penultimate ex is a masseur, and he did that not infrequently (but with usually the same guys) ...

Occasionally I read a post on this site and wonder if it's a ploy. A post made to see who responds and how they react. I have prepaid for several massages with a masseur I like, but generally, pay as I go. One masseur I see occasionally asks to be paid in advance because he travels. I like that system because the massage session does not involve trading cash at the end. I don't this person anymore, but I liked the system. If a masseur I use asked for ApplePay, Cash, Venmo up front, I'd be a big fan.

i was wondering if you gave him a cash tip at the end of each session, or how that part worked out..

This Happen to me a Few Times.... I had a Client contact from my massage ad... I sent him a full Detail Prices / Services / Stats / Locations etc.... You name it it was all there... even a link to my website.... Then when he showed up 5mins into the services... He Asked IF THIS WAS FREE... I was like are you joking..... He never had cash..... I told him to leave........ How in the world you contact me for a massage from a massage listing page...... ?????

Guest InthePines
I love your reply, though I think this word was meant to be exhausted not exalted.

Thank you, Miss Crabtree ;)crabtreea1.jpg?w=640

Yes, there are instances where the massage is provided and the client pays later. It is called a Credit Card. I have on a number of occasions not had the money for a massage session, ( payday was a week away) and received a massage and just charged it. Do you accept credit cards? If not, in 2019 it is very easy to set up a Paypal Now or Square account and just swipe their credit card on your phone. So if a client calls and says they don't have the money, say that is fine, you accept credit cards.