Hyde Pierce Officially Comes Out--Surprise

Gar1eth
This topic is 6204 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hyde Pierce Officially Comes Out

Former Frasier star David Hyde Pierce has revealed he is gay, after keeping his sexuality secret for decades. The actor, who played Dr. Niles Crane in the long-running sitcom, has always refused to talk about his personal life, despite rumos about his sexual orientation. But the 48-year-old has allowed his long-term partner Brian Hargrove's name to be mentioned in an interview on CNN.com. In a paragraph carefully buried in the article, the journalist writes, "Pierce got to Los Angeles in the early 1990s when his partner, actor-writer-producer Brian Hargrove, wanted to write for television." Pierce's spokesperson has since confirmed Hargrove is the star's partner.

Gman

Only Nathan Lane sticking his tootsie out of the closet was less suprising.

(I watched a few minutes -- all I could stomach -- of Lane in "The Producers" last night while channel surfing. He is supremely untalented. It also astonishes me that (s)Mel(l) Brooks gets away with what is an offensively homophobic show. Brooks has always offended gays -- the first three minutes of "High Anxiety" contains as many slurs. But then, some people still think George W. Bush is a good man. I put all this in parentheses as I know I veer from the topic. It's early AM, time to let the thoughts roam -- and, according to another thread, get fucked.)

Lankypeters

Guest zipperzone

I read in the article a line delivered by Hyde Pierce which I thought was very funny. On being questioned by an interviewer he said, "My life is an open book but I don;t intend to read it to you"

Pithy, what?

>He wasn't out already??? I thought it was a known fact so no

>one ever talked about it.

>

>

>That and his ranking on the celebirty food chain.

>

I think Mr. Hyde-Pierce was a celebrity known to be gay by almost everyone. He has lived with the same man for many years. I think he would sidestep the question to reporters which did not allow them to confirm in print. This time, to paraphrase him, he read aloud from the open book of his life.

I think the "duh" resounding across the gossip world pretty much supports that. I long for day that someone stating that they are gay to the media is considered a non-story the way say, DUI is now.

>Dan Dare

>http://meetlocalmen.com/mlm/dandarela.html

Guest zipperzone

>I long for day that someone stating that

>they are gay to the media is considered a non-story the way

>say, DUI is now.

DUI a non-story? Guess your TV must be on the fritz.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to Mr. Hyde Pierce not only on his Tony, but during his speach he mentioned that he and his lover have been together for more than 20 years!! We need to hear more about such long lasting relationships in our community.

I also loved the way that he thanked his Smamalot family for helping to hone the skills that got him this win in a different show. Class act.

Archived