David Ortiz Boston Red Sox

WilliamM
This topic is 1804 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

According to the St Louis Post Dispatch, Ortiz was shot by someone who was paid seven thousand dollars to killed him.

He was shot in the Dominican Republic last weekend. David had a second operation when the Boston Red Sox stepped in and flew him to a Boston.

Ortiz was a true star with the Sox and was a major reason the team won the first World Series in many years (against the St. Louis Cardinals).

Stay around, man.

And I watched that entire series, but as a life long Cardinal fan

And the news reports that the hit-men were paid a grand total of under $8000! :confused: Life doesn't seem to have much value in the DR...

Like I was supposed to just let a comment about a 'whack job' go without responding?

But if you think it was disrespectful, then I'm sorry, sync, I should not have disparaged your doing your patriotic duty by serving on a jury.

Better?

Um, if this is for me, I didn't feel any disrespect or disparagement. :)

And the news reports that the hit-men were paid a grand total of under $8000! :confused: Life doesn't seem to have much value in the DR...

I read once that in the US some hitmen are contracted for as little as $100. Desperate meth addicts don't need much convincing apparently. In contrast, eight grand in the DR is a king's ransom.

It sounds like Big Papi will make a full recovery. I am so happy to see the Red Sox reach out the way they did. As a die-hard Red Sox fan, I will always love David Ortiz.