Rehoboth Beach or other July 4th suggestions?

This topic is 1813 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It looks like my beau and I will have July 4th-July 7th off. We're on the west coast but would be willing to take a red-eye to the east coast. I looked into Provincetown, which I love, but all places there are sold out. There a few rooms left in North Truro, but I don't know if Lyft or Uber would work for that? I guess we could rent a car from Logan. There are some rooms available in Rehoboth Beach, but I've never been there. Is it fun and worth the trip? I kind of wanted to go to Vancouver, BC , but he'd need a visa to go to Canada, and the SF consulate doesn't issue visas, and the on-line process takes weeks. What RB like these days? Or should I just snag a place in North Truro? Any other suggestions? Is Ogunquit, ME still fun?

Edited by Unicorn

It looks like my beau and I will have July 4th-July 7th off. We're on the west coast but would be willing to take a red-eye to the east coast. I looked into Provincetown, which I love, but all places there are sold out. There a few rooms left in North Truro, but I don't know if Lyft or Uber would work for that? I guess we could rent a car from Logan. There are some rooms available in Rehoboth Beach, but I've never been there. Is it fun and worth the trip? I kind of wanted to go to Vancouver, BC , but he'd need a visa to go to Canada, and the SF consulate doesn't issue visas, and the on-line process takes weeks. What RB like these days? Or should I just snag a place in North Truro? Any other suggestions? Is Ogunquit, ME still fun?

Take the ferry from Boston to Provincetown, and rent a car there. You do want to drive from Logan to Provincetown (and back) on an important holiday.

Take the ferry from Boston to Provincetown, and rent a car there. You do want to drive from Logan to Provincetown (and back) on an important holiday.

I think William meant to say you DON'T want to drive from Logan to P-Town on a holiday weekend. However, I don't know how hard it may be to rent a car in P-town.

There are good opinions on the East Coast, and much closer. Why would someone book a flight on a holiday weekend, if they had other decent choices?

If you're going to travel for a weekend, and going to fly, what does it matter how long (within reason) the flight is? Maybe it's because of where I am, but I would consider an 8 hour flight for a long weekend away. Like going to Singapore or Hong Kong. Even Bali is six hours.But I wouldn't go to LA for the weekend. Of course, I'd be happy to meet @Benjamin_Nicholas to discuss the various options. I won't comment on his recent blog post suggestion about his photos.

Mike, I have fliown to Australia and back three times always in our winter. So there was an excellent reason to visit Australia. I have no particular reason to fly to PV. The New Jersey shore is much closer, and there are pleasant routes away from major highways.

@WilliamM I've been to the US five times in the last three years or so, but for 10 days to two weeks (not for a weekend). I appreciate that people would not want to travel long distances for short periods away. I also appreciate that many people will limit their trips away to those they can take travelling by land. But if you're going to fly, I don't see any real difference between going to Florida and going to PV or Mazatlán, if you gotta fly, three or five hours is much the same.

@WilliamM I've been to the US five times in the last three years or so, but for 10 days to two weeks (not for a weekend). I appreciate that people would not want to travel long distances for short periods away. I also appreciate that many people will limit their trips away to those they can take travelling by land. But if you're going to fly, I don'

I drove to Mexico from Michigan in 1969 - 50 years, and stayed for about three and a half weeks.There are many place I have not seen, especially Scotland, Norway and Ireland.

Edited by WilliamM

Thanks for the advice. It looks like it'll be too tough to go to Provincetown or Ogunquit logistically, and Rehoboth might not be worth the short trip... We've opted for Seattle.

@WilliamM I've been to the US five times in the last three years or so, but for 10 days to two weeks (not for a weekend). I appreciate that people would not want to travel long distances for short periods away. I also appreciate that many people will limit their trips away to those they can take travelling by land. But if you're going to fly, I don't see any real difference between going to Florida and going to PV or Mazatlán, if you gotta fly, three or five hours is much the same.

I am not interested in flying any where right now. My last flights were Sarajevo to Munich and Munich to Newark

Jeez

My pick Rehoboth or Asbury Park. If u love heat go for Lauderdale. If u want low key gay hit Ogunquit. Provincetown, I love but not on a holiday

Hi I've always wanted to visit there but a friend I see from Philadelphia says I wouldn't like it since it isn't cruisy like Ptown or ft lauderdale. well Ptown has changed a lot, I'd like to here if rehoboth would be a nice change of scenery for a long weekend?

Thanks for the advice. It looks like it'll be too tough to go to Provincetown or Ogunquit logistically, and Rehoboth might not be worth the short trip... We've opted for Seattle.

It’s supposed to be near 90 tomorrow in Seattle!