Freaking Out After Massage -- Looking for Advice

GoneStag90
This topic is 1814 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Wait a minute? You get naked. He gets naked. You climb naked up on a massage table and he then climbs on TOP of you and at no point did you think what happened can not possibly happen? Really?

I think in the moment things can escalate quickly beyond boundaries you set for yourself, especially if you are inexperienced.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is PEP the same as PrEP?

In my case, PEP involved two prescriptions... and now I am on PrEP, which is one. The doc said PEP was essentially the same medication as PrEP, but there were two antivirals in my PEP treatment. I am not sure it’s a one size fits all regimen, depending on insurance or vouchers, and I am not sure if the treatments vary by any kind of risk assessment. PEP had a finite duration. I was on it for 30 days. Hope that helps?

In my case, PEP involved two prescriptions... and now I am on PrEP, which is one. The doc said PEP was essentially the same medication as PrEP, but there were two antivirals in my PEP treatment. I am not sure it’s a one size fits all regimen, depending on insurance or vouchers, and I am not sure if the treatments vary by any kind of risk assessment. PEP had a finite duration. I was on it for 30 days. Hope that helps?

You are correct. Technically PrEP is 2 antivirals (Truvada contains tenofovir and emtricitabine) whereas PEP is 3 antivirals (Truvada plus raltegravir is considered first line).

Tbh I’m not sure about the rationale for 3 drugs in PEP, but I suspect it’s bc PEP is really intended for high risk situations and need to be more aggressive without a baseline level of ART at the time of exposure. And also probably cost effectiveness.

I totally understand the circumstances and hope the OP seeks the medical care that he needs. My PEP experience was a little different. I had a needle stick injury while in med school involving a patient with opportunistic infections and super low CD4 that had never been diagnosed nor treated and I ended up having to take the 3 drug cocktail. Indinavir made me throw up three times a day, but I’m glad I stuck with PEP. I hope the OP comes back and let us know he is ok.

I totally understand the circumstances and hope the OP seeks the medical care that he needs. My PEP experience was a little different. I had a needle stick injury while in med school involving a patient with opportunistic infections and super low CD4 that had never been diagnosed nor treated and I ended up having to take the 3 drug cocktail. Indinavir made me throw up three times a day, but I’m glad I stuck with PEP. I hope the OP comes back and let us know he is ok.

I took PEP after a needle stick also. Not to age myself but it was a month of AZT.

These recollections are scary. It's making me recall the 80s. I came of age back then and just as I'm realizing 'well, I like guys' this thing called GRID (what AIDS used to be called) was being reported on.

Keeping good thoughts for you OP.

I wasn't there when the GoneStag90 went through this. I was getting a massage once when I was in my 20s so this is quite a while ago. The guy hops up on the table when I'm on my back and takes my fully erect penis and glides it into his butt fairly quickly. I think he had time to go up and down once before I pushed him off declaring: "HEY! That is not safe for either of us!"

Finished up fast and got out quickly; never went back. I emerged unscathed but it taught me to be careful and set my boundaries and stick with regulars who I felt safer with.

I too once had a provider try to hop on my dick. And you know, it took a great deal of self control to stop that from happening! No reason to judge this guy, just help him out, please.

hey BostonTom, hope I was coming off as unsupportive to OP; just trying to share how easily things can get out of hand.

Again, I came of age in the era of AIDS and it changed how I lived my life. While there's treatment there's still no cure. I think everyone needs to be just as cautious as ever. Going for massages was a way of feeling SOME kind of intimacy (and bonus when you got a great massage).

Everyone be careful out there and trust your gut.

I can totally relate! I had two needlesticks in intern year (NYC hospital) and one was from a bad hep C patient. This was a couple of years before the cure came out, and so there was basically nothing I could do but wait, knowing that the rate of HCV transmission was higher than HIV, AND having seen all the badness on the liver service. But fortunately I didn’t seroconvert, and it’s curable now anyway! It was pretty scary at the time tho...

hey BostonTom, hope I was coming off as unsupportive to OP; just trying to share how easily things can get out of hand.

Again, I came of age in the era of AIDS and it changed how I lived my life. While there's treatment there's still no cure. I think everyone needs to be just as cautious as ever. Going for massages was a way of feeling SOME kind of intimacy (and bonus when you got a great massage).

Everyone be careful out there and trust your gut.

Sorry if it seemed I was singling you out, I didn't mean to.

Sorry if it seemed I was singling you out, I didn't mean to.

all good, BostonTom, I tend to overcompensate re: being understanding as we're on the web and we don't all know each other.

Also: meant to type hope I 'wasn't' coming off as unsupportive...

be well, OP.