New longest airline flight 19 hours Would you go?

purplekow
This topic is 1761 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Yesterday was the inaugural flight of an Air Singapore route from Neward to Singapore non-stop. The plane takes the polar route and it takes 19 hours, The first flight actually arrived about 2 hours early due to favorable winds.

Any takers on this? I think Mr. Baldwin might be one candidate as he travels to the Orient frequently.

By the way 68 seats Cost about 4000 dollars each way.

Coach? Depending on who will be seated next to me...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday was the inaugural flight of an Air Singapore route from Neward to Singapore non-stop. The plane takes the polar route and it takes 19 hours, The first flight actually arrived about 2 hours early due to favorable winds.

Any takers on this? I think Mr. Baldwin might be one candidate as he travels to the Orient frequently.

By the way 68 seats Cost about 4000 dollars each way.

I’ve done it three times before they suspended it some years ago. Very doable. Someone else paid.

There is no coach. All Business Class and Premium Economy. Buy a few months out and Business is as low as $3500 rt.

Paul speaks the truth. He's a global traveler in-the-know :)

SQs prem eco isn't bad at all. Better service than AA in J, that's for sure. Plus, that new plane smell never hurts.

I've posted previously about Qantas' plans for additional long-haul fights They have announced today that they will be using delivery flights for three B787s to conduct research into projected commercial flights between London and New York, and Australian east coast cities. The flights will carry about 40 people, made up of the crew and Qantas staff members

This is super interesting and hopefully QF can use the info to make future long-hauls more bearable.