Netflix shows Special; Bonding; After Life

This topic is 1843 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I recently started using Netflix and have binged these three shows. Special and Bonding are 15 minute episodes and there are only 8 episodes in each and After Life has 7 half hour shows.

Special is about a gay twenty something with cerebral palsy. Pretty funny. Some hot guys shirtless and a main character who is relatable to anyone who has felt like an outsider in the gay community or in life in general. Definitely worth the watch though the acting is a bit stilted.

Bonding is about an awkward young gay man who comes to New York and starts working as a dominatrix assistant to his high school friend and girl who took his virginity. This is a very sex positive show and puts a human face on sex workers and it is definitely funny and the characters are appealing. Also some hot shirtless men

After Life is a Ricky Gervais show about a man whose wife dies and who decides that as he really doesn't want to live anymore, except he has to take care of his dog. Since he no longer cares about life, he has decided he can be a general jerk to those around him but ultimately, the innate goodness of his character allows him to slowly move from asshole to curmudgeon to something else. It is a show about coping with loss. There is a sex worker character who is also empathetically presented.

I would recommend the first two wholeheartedly and the third also gets my recommendation though I think it may have resonated with me more than it may resonate with the average viewed.