Georgia Engel - RIP

mmk123
This topic is 1849 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

For me, her brilliance in The Drowsy Chaperone was something I appreciated only on a second and third visit.

She was an expert in playing a dim bulb with perfect comedic timing.

I wish I had been able to see her in that show - but never got to see the Broadway production. I did see Jo-Anne Worley in a summerstock production, and she was fun, but it was a very different kind of humor. I don’t know if the role was created with Engel in mind or if she was cast after the fact, but it seems to me that Engle’s style fits the role much better.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I had been able to see her in that show - but never got to see the Broadway production. I did see Jo-Anne Worley in a summerstock production, and she was fun, but it was a very different kind of humor. I don’t know if the role was created with Engel in mind or if she was cast after the fact, but it seems to me that Engle’s style fits the role much better.

Bob Martin created Mrs. Tottendale for Engle.

Are you taking about The Cape Playhouse production? I saw footage from that. She played it very differently, but then she did the same thing when they brought her into the Broadway company. They even let her do the swinging pearl necklace routine of hers. Very odd.

Are you taking about The Cape Playhouse production? I saw footage from that. She played it very differently, but then she did the same thing when they brought her into the Broadway company. They even let her do the swinging pearl necklace routine of hers. Very odd.