Palm Springs recommendations

Jamesryan
This topic is 1739 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

How to get reservations at Taco Bell’s insane Palm Springs resort

Checking in! Reservations will soon be available for the vacation spot of your dreams (or nightmares).

Taco Bell’s “The Bell Hotel and Resort,” a themed attraction where you can get taco-inspired nail art and rest your head on hot sauce packet pillows, will open up reservations at 1 p.m. Thursday, June 27, on the hotel’s website.

The Bell — located in ritzy Palm Springs, Calif. — will open for a limited time. First check-in begins Aug. 8, with final check-out Aug. 12. There is no minimum night stay, according to a company reps.

This fast-food fever dream comes at a price though, and not just on your arteries. Rooms start at $169 per night. Space is limited and rooms will be available to Taco Bell super-fans on a first-come, first-served basis — and only for those 18 and up.

The California-based company drew on the chain’s “vibrant palette” for the hotel’s “flavor-filled” aesthetic, says Taco Bell’s Senior Director of Retail Engagement and Experience, Jennifer Arnoldt in a statement.

“We’re excited to give a peek into Taco Bell’s first hotel that is truly Taco Bell luxury at a value as we evolve how fans can celebrate with the brand this summer and beyond.”

Activities include musical performances, dive-in movies and a “Freeze Lounge,” bar where you can get all the Mountain Dew Baja Blasts your little heart desires.There will of course be plenty of food, enjoyed poolside of course, where you can also float away into a fast food coma on their hot sauce packet pool floats.

the-bell_-a-taco-bell-hotel-resort-pool-view-1.jpg

the-bell-guest-room_-king-sauce-1.jpg

hot-sauce-pool-float-919.jpg

the-bell_-a-taco-bell-hotel-and-resort-door-hanger--e1558019083796.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Going back on topic - any other solid recs in Palm Springs? Thinking of heading there July 4 weekend... Deron hasn't responded to my texts the last two times I was out there.

Try Deron again. He does travel over the summer. I just saw him last week. Definitely worth seeing again! ?

I've never hired Deron, who based on looks and feedback I am curious about. However, I had a wonderful experience with Mike if he's within your type range. https://www.masseurfinder.com/massage-therapists/14870/ . He has aged pretty well and remains a clean cut, easy going gentleman.

He was clothed during our session though he said he was open to peforming a tantric based massage next time. Very comprehensive technique and probably the best deep tissue technique and depth I've ever had. He also used a lighter touch too. I will hire him again when I'm back in town. Good luck!

Danny used to be in LA, was one of my favorite all time. Haven't seen him in a couple of years, heard he was only doing therapeutic which was not the case in LA. He had great therapeutic massage skills as well as sensual and a great person to spend time with.

https://www.masseurfinder.com/massage-therapists/35703/

If you're not a fan of tattoos maybe not for you, if you want sensual you should ask up front.

Danny used to be in LA, was one of my favorite all time. Haven't seen him in a couple of years, heard he was only doing therapeutic which was not the case in LA. He had great therapeutic massage skills as well as sensual and a great person to spend time with.

https://www.masseurfinder.com/massage-therapists/35703/

If you're not a fan of tattoos maybe not for you, if you want sensual you should ask up front.

Danny makes me want to take the trek to Palm Springs!

Are you considering a specific therapist in PS? Or a recommendation?

I have a solid appt set up for Friday based on this thread so will follow up how that one goes.

The rest I've tried included last minute cancellation, another agreeing on meeting but then going radio silent, a third was basically noncommunicative and another top therapist is out-of-town. So yeah, all the usual sh!t. But it is what it is. Right? So it goes.

Are you considering a specific therapist in PS? Or a recommendation?

I have a solid appt set up for Friday based on this thread so will follow up how that one goes.

The rest I've tried included last minute cancellation, another agreeing on meeting but then going radio silent, a third was basically noncommunicative and another top therapist is out-of-town. So yeah, all the usual sh!t. But it is what it is. Right? So it goes.

I simply want to know who you've hired in the past or on this trip?

Now batting 2 for 2 in PS.

Massage by Tony. https://www.masseurfinder.com/massage-therapists/17975/

His pictures seemed genuine and I liked his smile, so I scheduled with him. Easy, friendly communication.

His therapeutic style was pleasant and relaxing. Rating = A. I will repeat.

You found the only two masseurs in PS that I would recommend, Danny and Tony. Both have excellent therapeutic massage skills and are nice, reliable guys. Danny probably has slightly better massage skills. When he was living in SF several years ago, he and I would have more interactive sessions but it doesn't surprise me that he has moved to strictly therapeutic.

You found the only two masseurs in PS that I would recommend, Danny and Tony. Both have excellent therapeutic massage skills and are nice, reliable guys. Danny probably has slightly better massage skills. When he was living in SF several years ago, he and I would have more interactive sessions but it doesn't surprise me that he has moved to strictly therapeutic.

I haven't found too many guys like Danny that incorporate the amount of stretching he did. He does good work, and as some of you mentioned, his work is strictly therapeutic.

Tony stands on his own merits, for me just as good, for how relaxed I felt. There was no stretching, but rather more of a soothing therapy, which I was ready for. Tony is a nice guy, as is Danny.

Today I did a third massage, this one Deron. He has been well described above and on other threads. A good result for me. Rating = A. I'll repeat, if he is in town when I return to PS. Also a nice guy.

So even though my week in PS started out disappointing, I eventually found 3 great massage sessions! :)