Axel Hotels in Barcelona?

thickornotatall
This topic is 1910 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I stayed at the Axel2 and it was modern and very ok for the price. Some of the design is a little strange; like 5 or 6 different floorings in a small room and no wall between the bedroom and bathroom. The rooftop pool and bar is very nice. I agree it's 3* trying to be a 4. It's main attribute, besides being gay, is that it is one block from famous Thermas Sauna, the house of boys.

For about the same price you can get the City hotel a half block away which is much nicer.

The gay area is up around the original Axel.

I recommend staying at Axel 2, great rooftop pool and location very close to Thermas and adjacent to Boyberry.

Do not miss the evening sunset an cocktail hour at Axel 1. the roof turns into a great lounge with DJ.

No matter where you stay you must visit the roof nightclub lounge.

I stayed at the Axel2 and it was modern and very ok for the price. Some of the design is a little strange; like 5 or 6 different floorings in a small room and no wall between the bedroom and bathroom. The rooftop pool and bar is very nice. I agree it's 3* trying to be a 4. It's main attribute, besides being gay, is that it is one block from famous Thermas Sauna, the house of boys.

For about the same price you can get the City hotel a half block away which is much nicer.

The gay area is up around the original Axel.

Thanks very much...I'm also looking at Hotel Cram...I'll only be there for 8 days and want something a bit more than basic...have you seen or been there?

I recommend staying at Axel 2, great rooftop pool and location very close to Thermas and adjacent to Boyberry.

Do not miss the evening sunset an cocktail hour at Axel 1. the roof turns into a great lounge with DJ.

No matter where you stay you must visit the roof nightclub lounge.

Thanks..I have a few more days to choose a hotel...I was going to use Airbnb..I was just in London for 3 weeks and had a flat in Islington/Angel...great area..but the flat didn't quite match the blurb and pics...I thought I'd try a hotel this time..I'm going to take the train to Paris after before heading back to NYC/FL....

Have you been to Boyberry?..I see online videos..very handsome men...I don't mind paying at all...I LOVE huge cock so my choices are limited I guess...any experiences?

Thanks very much...I'm also looking at Hotel Cram...I'll only be there for 8 days and want something a bit more than basic...have you seen or been there?

I've never been to the Cram, only Two by Axel. The rooms are extremely small and there's no wall between the room and bathroom. All guests are older gay males. The rooftop pool and bar are great. It is not in the gay area but about a mile or two south of it on Grand Via also. It is by Thermas Sauna, which frankly is the big draw of Barcelona for most clients on this blog. Why we go to BCN. Boyberry next door is a bookstore with not much going on.

The main Axel Hotel is in the center of the gay area and much bigger and also with a rooftop pool. It's a trendy more expensive area. But a decent taxi ride from Thermas (no Uber in BCN). Tack on $20 for a roundtrip to Thermas.

https://www.expedia.com/Barcelona-Hotels-TWO-Hotel-Barcelona-By-Axel-Adults-Only.h10430311.Hotel-Information?chkin=2%2F27%2F2019&chkout=3%2F3%2F2019&rm1=a1&sort=recommended&hwrqCacheKey=f23f5168-b8b6-45f0-89a7-46e2f43c54a2HWRQ1550689404553&cancellable=false&regionId=179992&vip=false&hotelname=axel&c=c9dfeac0-aa8a-4eab-a162-78e9b3323eae&

https://www.expedia.com/Barcelona-Hotels-Axel-Hotel-Barcelona-Urban-Spa-Adults-Only.h1048110.Hotel-Information?chkin=2%2F27%2F2019&chkout=3%2F3%2F2019&rm1=a1&sort=recommended&hwrqCacheKey=f23f5168-b8b6-45f0-89a7-46e2f43c54a2HWRQ1550689404553&cancellable=false&regionId=179992&vip=false&hotelname=axel&c=c9dfeac0-aa8a-4eab-a162-78e9b3323eae&&exp_dp=187.14&exp_ts=1550689402552&exp_curr=USD&swpToggleOn=false&exp_pg=HSR

Next time I think I may stay at the B Hotel. Also close to Thermas but nicer than Two. Really depends on price.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/B/@41.3764507,2.1507193,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m8!1e2!3m6!1sAF1QipPY3U9Lw8mEOnpahpi8DM8IN8lNqpGzUSKrUMRs!2e10!3e12!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipPY3U9Lw8mEOnpahpi8DM8IN8lNqpGzUSKrUMRs%3Dw203-h134-k-no!7i800!8i531!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x89a90839036a0ee1!8m2!3d41.3765927!4d2.1505238?hl=en

I've never been to the Cram, only Two by Axel. The rooms are extremely small and there's no wall between the room and bathroom. All guests are older gay males. The rooftop pool and bar are great. It is not in the gay area but about a mile or two south of it on Grand Via also. It is by Thermas Sauna, which frankly is the big draw of Barcelona for most clients on this blog. Why we go to BCN. Boyberry next door is a bookstore with not much going on.

The main Axel Hotel is in the center of the gay area and much bigger and also with a rooftop pool. It's a trendy more expensive area. But a decent taxi ride from Thermas (no Uber in BCN). Tack on $20 for a roundtrip to Thermas.

https://www.expedia.com/Barcelona-Hotels-TWO-Hotel-Barcelona-By-Axel-Adults-Only.h10430311.Hotel-Information?chkin=2/27/2019&chkout=3/3/2019&rm1=a1&sort=recommended&hwrqCacheKey=f23f5168-b8b6-45f0-89a7-46e2f43c54a2HWRQ1550689404553&cancellable=false&regionId=179992&vip=false&hotelname=axel&c=c9dfeac0-aa8a-4eab-a162-78e9b3323eae&

https://www.expedia.com/Barcelona-Hotels-Axel-Hotel-Barcelona-Urban-Spa-Adults-Only.h1048110.Hotel-Information?chkin=2/27/2019&chkout=3/3/2019&rm1=a1&sort=recommended&hwrqCacheKey=f23f5168-b8b6-45f0-89a7-46e2f43c54a2HWRQ1550689404553&cancellable=false&regionId=179992&vip=false&hotelname=axel&c=c9dfeac0-aa8a-4eab-a162-78e9b3323eae&&exp_dp=187.14&exp_ts=1550689402552&exp_curr=USD&swpToggleOn=false&exp_pg=HSR

Next time I think I may stay at the B Hotel. Also close to Thermas but nicer than Two. Really depends on price.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/B/@41.3764507,2.1507193,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m8!1e2!3m6!1sAF1QipPY3U9Lw8mEOnpahpi8DM8IN8lNqpGzUSKrUMRs!2e10!3e12!6shttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipPY3U9Lw8mEOnpahpi8DM8IN8lNqpGzUSKrUMRs=w203-h134-k-no!7i800!8i531!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x89a90839036a0ee1!8m2!3d41.3765927!4d2.1505238?hl=en

https://www.expedia.com/Barcelona-Hotels-TWO-Hotel-Barcelona-By-Axel-Adults-Only.h10430311.Hotel-Information?chkin=2/27/2019&chkout=3/3/2019&rm1=a1&sort=recommended&hwrqCacheKey=f23f5168-b8b6-45f0-89a7-46e2f43c54a2HWRQ1550689404553&cancellable=false&regionId=179992&vip=false&hotelname=axel&c=c9dfeac0-aa8a-4eab-a162-78e9b3323eae&

https://www.expedia.com/Barcelona-Hotels-Axel-Hotel-Barcelona-Urban-Spa-Adults-Only.h1048110.Hotel-Information?chkin=2/27/2019&chkout=3/3/2019&rm1=a1&sort=recommended&hwrqCacheKey=f23f5168-b8b6-45f0-89a7-46e2f43c54a2HWRQ1550689404553&cancellable=false&regionId=179992&vip=false&hotelname=axel&c=c9dfeac0-aa8a-4eab-a162-78e9b3323eae&&exp_dp=187.14&exp_ts=1550689402552&exp_curr=USD&swpToggleOn=false&exp_pg=HSR

https://www.google.com/maps/place/B/@41.3764507,2.1507193,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m8!1e2!3m6!1sAF1QipPY3U9Lw8mEOnpahpi8DM8IN8lNqpGzUSKrUMRs!2e10!3e12!6shttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipPY3U9Lw8mEOnpahpi8DM8IN8lNqpGzUSKrUMRs=w203-h134-k-no!7i800!8i531!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x89a90839036a0ee1!8m2!3d41.3765927!4d2.1505238?hl=en

How about The Andilana Market Hotel...the location looks good...having never been to BCA I hope you can give me a good idea of the area...the rooms look nice....I do want to be comfortable and won't mind spending a bit more...Is The B Hotel as nice?...I hope to do some entertaining in my room....BTW I am older...fully functional...speak Spanish...Thanks for your help..

How about The Andilana Market Hotel...the location looks good...having never been to BCA I hope you can give me a good idea of the area...the rooms look nice....I do want to be comfortable and won't mind spending a bit more...Is The B Hotel as nice?...I hope to do some entertaining in my room....BTW I am older...fully functional...speak Spanish...Thanks for your help..

Same Thermas sauna area. looks nice. I forgot another excellent hotel in that area is Hotel Chi. May be nicest. I'd go on price if there's much price difference ($50). Otherwise B, Chi, Two.

But again, Axel is the center of the gay/trendy area and the most trendy area is just north of it on Rambla de Catalunya and Passieg Garcia---the 5th Avenue of BCN. The Two area is more middle class commercial lower density. If the Rambla or Axel are about as cheap I'd go thjere. But the Thermas area should be cheaper.

Edited by tassojunior

I agree with the comments, positive and negative, that @tassojunior has made about the Axel hotels and the 2parts of the Eixample in which they are located.

I don’t rate the Cram nowadays; it was well-regarded when it first opened some years ago. The area around Thermas would be cheaper and it’s nearer the airport (so quicker and cheaper transfers).

For smarter and more comfortable hotels, I like a Spanish chain derbyhotels.com Check them out as they have varioushotels at different locations and price-points. IMHO their nicest hotel is the Claris, just on the other side of the Paseo de Gracia, but BCN is a very walkable city and you can easily get from there to the ‘gay-(Ei)xample’.

I agree with the comments, positive and negative, that @tassojunior has made about the Axel hotels and the 2parts of the Eixample in which they are located.

I don’t rate the Cram nowadays; it was well-regarded when it first opened some years ago. The area around Thermas would be cheaper and it’s nearer the airport (so quicker and cheaper transfers).

For smarter and more comfortable hotels, I like a Spanish chain derbyhotels.com Check them out as they have varioushotels at different locations and price-points. IMHO their nicest hotel is the Claris, just on the other side of the Paseo de Gracia, but BCN is a very walkable city and you can easily get from there to the ‘gay-(Ei)xample’.

After much thought I have changed my mind....again...I will go to Barcelona and take the train to Madrid, Then take the train to Granada.

I'll probably stay at both Axel Hotels.

Paris seemed to much of a stretch. I'll be gone for 3 weeks and only speak English and Spanish....Any more hints or help is great!

Indeed, if a hotel is as nice and as cheap around P. Garcia or the Axel

After much thought I have changed my mind....again...I will go to Barcelona and take the train to Madrid, Then take the train to Granada.

Paris seemed to much of a stretch. I'll be gone for 3 weeks and only speak English and Spanish....Any more hints or help is great!

Sitges ! Amazing and amazingly gay. Quick 45 min train from Barcelona.

The high-speed trains in Spain are fast, reliable and relatively cheap even in first class. You normally can easily book once there, assuming you’re not travelling on a public holiday.

As you are going to be in Granada @thickornotatall , I suggest you make excursions to Córdoba and Seville. Córdoba is a full half-day visit (short train trip) but Seville (a longer train ride) merits at least 2 days - both cities have architectural marvels.

NB

1. Get to the Station early as all passengers have their bags security-screened before boarding.

2. Make sure you go to the right Station in BCN and in Madrid as each city has more than one.

Unlike @tassojunior I’m not a great fan of Sitges. It’s OK if you want a beach resort and you can eat pretty well there, but you can go to the beach in BCN and the restaurants are better there. Everywhere in Spain is rather gay-friendly. I guess it depends on whether you are in Sitges in high summer and want to see lots of gay guys and lesbians from various countries whooping it up.

The high-speed trains in Spain are fast, reliable and relatively cheap even in first class. You normally can easily book once there, assuming you’re not travelling on a public holiday.

As you are going to be in Granada @thickornotatall , I suggest you make excursions to Córdoba and Seville. Córdoba is a full half-day visit (short train trip) but Seville (a longer train ride) merits at least 2 days - both cities have architectural marvels.

NB

1. Get to the Station early as all passengers have their bags security-screened before boarding.

2. Make sure you go to the right Station in BCN and in Madrid as each city has more than one.

Unlike @tassojunior I’m not a great fan of Sitges. It’s OK if you want a beach resort and you can eat pretty well there, but you can go to the beach in BCN and the restaurants are better there. Everywhere in Spain is rather gay-friendly. I guess it depends on whether you are in Sitges in high summer and want to see lots of gay guys and lesbians from various countries whooping it up.

Thanks for the information...I'll only go to Alhambra this time...I'll make sure to get the right train station..I'll go by the station while out walking and make sure I know when and where I'll be going.

I've spent many summers on Fire Island and P-Town so Stiges is no draw for me..I'd rather see the great architecture and parks.

If you have any other tips please let me know....Thanks!

If you have any other tips please let me know

I don't recall you saying when you'll be there. Many places in Spain close for vacation in August, tho it's now less common to close for the entire month.

Good restaurants need to be booked for dinner; 9pm is the usual time to eat in BCN but in Summer at the beach you will not be alone if you eat at midnight. People eat later in Madrid, and I'd say the usual time is 10/10.30pm there (tho you can find some places open from 8/8.30).

I'll only go to Alhambra this time

You should check the details online for specific places that you want to visit. For instance, the Alhambra in Granada used to have timed tickets for entry a few years ago (I don't know about now); Parc Guell in BCN used to be busy but was easy to enter until a few years ago, it decided to restrict numbers each day by issuing advance tickets.

And not to argue with you about "only" going to the Alhambra, but the Mezquita-Catedral de Cordoba is truly one of the wonders of the world. Read up on it and you will not regret going; you will only regret not seeing it.

I don't recall you saying when you'll be there. Many places in Spain close for vacation in August, tho it's now less common to close for the entire month.

Good restaurants need to be booked for dinner; 9pm is the usual time to eat in BCN but in Summer at the beach you will not be alone if you eat at midnight. People eat later in Madrid, and I'd say the usual time is 10/10.30pm there (tho you can find some places open from 8/8.30).

You should check the details online for specific places that you want to visit. For instance, the Alhambra in Granada used to have timed tickets for entry a few years ago (I don't know about now); Parc Guell in BCN used to be busy but was easy to enter until a few years ago, it decided to restrict numbers each day by issuing advance tickets.

And not to argue with you about "only" going to the Alhambra, but the Mezquita-Catedral de Cordoba is truly one of the wonders of the world. Read up on it and you will not regret going; you will only regret not seeing it.

Hi MscleLovr...I'm going to leave the last week in April after Easter..I already booked my flights and will make sure to get my train tickets and entry to museums etc before I leave...I am traveling alone..my husband will be busy with work..dogs..house..also I like being solo for a bit.

I am good at making friends and do speak almost perfect Spanish....I will check Cordoba....I do a great deal of walking here in Manhattan and in Florida..I intend to take the metro and walk...

BTW are you familiar with hiring company?...I checked rentmen.com and have chatted with a few of my types...quick and friendly replies...in BCA I want to see Lito Cruz...and Franklin Acevedo...

I have been chatting with Koldo Goran for the last year and hope to see him too...My type is extra hung..extra thick...extra masculine..Maybe I will check Boyberry or Sauna Thermas...I want to stay safe and have a fun time...

Any experience there? You are very kind to answer and help me out..Sammy

https://mezquita-catedraldecordoba.es/en/ WOW!!!!