Jussie Smollett - Possible Hate Crime Attack

TruthBTold
This topic is 1888 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

One of the things that I find odd is that the television show's producers have maintained that in fact the Smollett character was not being written off the show. Putting aside any psychological reason or any other reason, if he was not being written off the show there would have been no reason for Smollett to "stage" his own attack. I suppose that will come at when the investigation is concluded but it just seems odd.

One of the theories circulating in Twitter attaches the hoax not to his acting but to his singer career. Apparently he is not selling as many records as he would like.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were a number of hints that this crime report was suspicious, which the media was quick to point out. Caramelsub expressed his suspicions calmly, acknowledging that they were just suspicions at that point. If you disagreed, you could have just countered with rational argument. Instead, you used name-calling, and responded emotionally instead of rationally, as you tend to do.

I live in a major U.S. city too, just not Chicago. And I did not respond to @caramelsub myself. Why?

Because ithings happen in big cities AND small towns that are completely unexpected.

• 3 weeks later...

What @Kenny condemns as gross speculation, I consider to be fundamental common sense. For example, it just doesn't make sense that someone goes out for Subway at 2 am in -20°. It just doesn't make sense that two Trumpers braved hypothermia & frostbite to stroll about the streets of the gayborhood at that hour. It doesn't make sense that (according to video surveillance), the Trumpers were able to assault Smollett (which involved pouring bleach on Smollett, hanging a noose around his neck & kicking him in the ribs), Smollett was able to fight back, gather himself, and recover his Subway sandwich all in the span of 60 seconds.

And whaddya know, the Chicago Police Dept. has arrested Smollett for a filing a false police report. If you know anything about how big city police departments work in such a high-profile case, the CPD went forward with the arrest of Smollett only after they were pretty damn sure that a conviction was a slam dunk.

What @Kenny condemns as gross speculation, I consider to be fundamental common sense. For example, it just doesn't make sense that someone goes out for Subway at 2 am in -20°. It just doesn't make sense that two Trumpers braved hypothermia & frostbite to stroll about the streets of the gayborhood at that hour. It doesn't make sense that (according to video surveillance), the Trumpers were able to assault Smollett (which involved pouring bleach on Smollett, hanging a noose around his neck & kicking him in the ribs), Smollett was able to fight back, gather himself, and recover his Subway sandwich all in the span of 60 seconds.

And whaddya know, the Chicago Police Dept. has arrested Smollett for a filing a false police report. If you know anything about how big city police departments work in such a high-profile case, the CPD went forward with the arrest of Smollett only after they were pretty damn sure that a conviction was a slam dunk.

Very few unprovoked attacks make sense.

Jussie Smollett will get more time than Paul Manafort. Guess the Empire will strike back.

(CNN)"Empire" actor Jussie Smollett has been indicted on 16 felony counts by a Cook County grand jury.

The indictment charges Smollett with 16 counts of disorderly conduct.

Smollett reported to police in January that he had been attacked in Chicago in an incident that ended with a noose around his neck. Police initially investigated the case as a possible hate crime.

Oh boy. Can't imagine how those who believed and defended him so publicly and passionately are feeling now.

I never believed the thing from the start...I was one who felt it was an inside job all along.

However, there’s some people who say the Chicago PD aren’t legit either. But for the most part, it’s pretty evident that the whole thing never made sense from the get go.

HOWEVER: this is not anything to laugh about. There’s no victory in this not happening. Shit like this pisses me off because this will only give people (specially, the police) more reasons to give young gay blacks less clout when crimes actually do happen to us.

Years ago when I was 19 (I’m 31 now) I was riding home with someone for the 1st time when they flipped shit, threatened to stab me, made me get out the car without my backpack (which had My house keys, wallet/ID, glasses) and drove off. When I called the Miami police, they #1: showed up, then drove off without taking a report, #2: then I went to the station, they didn’t believe me, questioned my story, accused me of prostitution (I actually was in school and had a normal job and had never done this). #3 when I tried to file complaint, they were going to arrest me for lying about willingly riding with the person.

So, things do happen...but then the police do little to nothing when it’s a gay black man involved unless the gay black man is the criminal. Just like it took them 6 hours to show up when someone broke into my car in Phoenix and tried to ring up $400 worth of stuff on my credit card at Walmart. Sad but true.

Exactly they'll never lift their asses from the sofa and as we all know they might prepare bombs or get a gun and kill people like a Trumpanzee did in Pittsburgh but punching someone? That's too much of a physical activity for them.