CrackBerry on Eighth--NYC

Rod Hagen
This topic is 6320 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>Has the Frozen Heroin Juice store Pinkberry opened in Chelsea

>yet? I saw the Opening Soon sign in October.

It has indeed opened and their product priced at only a slight premium to heroin. $4 for a small frozen yoghurt is rather extreme. The store has not been particularly crowded despite the balmy December weather here in NYC. In contrast the new pressed sandwich place down the block, Swich (http://swichpressed.com/index.html) has had lines out the door since it opened.

Richard

It is indeed open and Richard is correct that on a sunny lovely afternoon there was only one customer as I passed by this afternoon. Just what Chelsea needed, another yuppy, over-priced no-fat, no cal, no taste yogurt store! I see double strollers and nannys in its future.

Ed

Oh, I don't know. I live right around the corner and it seems to draw some sort of a crowd at night at least. (Don't ask me why fro yo sells on a January evening...)

But what I don't get is the sign in the front window saying photography is not permitted. (Huh?)

Kevin Slater

>>(Don't

>>ask me why fro yo sells on a January evening...)

>

>I thought Fro Yo passed away in 1998. :o (btw, I have her

>doll)

>

>http://ladylaptop.com/storemaker/images/FloJoDoll2.gif

I don't know which is more disturbing, the fact that they make a Flo Jo Doll or the fact that someone bought it. By the way, she does look a little like Roxie Roker in that shot, you sure they didn't mispackage that doll and a Helen Willis doll?

>These 2 as alot of other's, will be here and gone!

>

>These Price's are Wack for what they are Selling! LOL :p :P

>:p

I hate to break it to you but if they were able to make it INTO NYC like that I'll bet they're gonna be there to stay. Wait until they get an addictive following come balmy spring night and then they'll start popping up all over the island.

They've been a staple here in West Hollywood for a while and no matter what the zoning laws do to them in terms of cutting back hours or eliminating parking ... they thrive.

Personally it's my taste but they keep that line around the block going almost nightly. There was once a New Yorker who said to me,

"Yeah, that Jamba thing is too west-coast for us here. It'll never last on this island."

>They also have another location now at E.82nd & 3rd Ave.

What kind of fool buys that overpriced crap.

I guess the old man was right ..a fool is born every minute..

I would think most secure people would be ashamed to admit they could be so easily fleeced.

LOL you are right on that one louis,i guess they don't understand how foolish they look,those kinds of places attract people that think paying 3.00$ for a cup of coffee makes it look like they are the haves...alas, it just make them look stupid.

I don't frequent any coffee shops on a regular basis but when I have visited Starbucks, I've never paid more than $1.65 for my cup of tasty brew. Exaggerating faggots often look stupid.

Considering Starbucks offers a decent piece of real estate with that $1.65 brew, where you can sit, read and/or surf the net all day for no extra charge, Starbucks may be the best deal in town for smart folk.

Folks who are critical of how other people spend their money, typically, don't have any money of their own, and their negative commentary illustrates a deep-rooted jealousy and a penchant for looking and sounding petty and stupid.

All that said, I never liked frozen yogurt and I've never been to Jamba, east or west. Both sound terribly LA LA to me. But with 11 million people, somebody in Manhattan is bound to buy horse shit if you set up a shop in the right neighborhood, promote it with flair (No Photography!) and sell it. To each his own. Whether the rent will get paid every month remains to be seen.

>I don't frequent any coffee shops on a regular basis but when

>I have visited Starbucks, I've never paid more than $1.65 for

>my cup of tasty brew. Exaggerating faggots often look stupid.

>

Perhaps it's the senior citizen discount you receive.

You remind me of a guy that works for my dad,yep,that guy is full of shit also.

• 1 month later...

Archived