Toying with a scammer

corndog
This topic is 1958 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

thanks for this, @corndog.....and though his "home" is Estonia, the text ad is in Portuguese!.....I'd sorta forgotten about the gift card code scam......great reminder for all of us.......stories like this should be forum "stickies", I'd think........

I am just surprised this ever worked even without any warning. I would go away as soon as I am asked anything but cash, paid only after we met.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, sorry to get all serious, but this just showed up on the news.......

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/he-lures-alleged-child-predators-shames-them-facebook-now-one-n953856

Are you suggesting that there is a parallel between privately harassing a scammer and publicly shaming a child predator?

I don't what @azdr0710 meant with his post but I think more folks need act like you did. You pretty much entrapped a scammer.

easy there, corndog.......since the thread had already partly turned to the ol' "To Catch A Predator" theme, I thought this related news today would be interesting to some.....an example of how well-intentioned entrapment can have consequences

I assumed @azdr0710 was referring to the "Catch a Predator" videos, not @corndog toying with a scam artist. As it turns out, my assumption was correct.