Provincetown

DMICS
This topic is 1973 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I spent most of this past summer on the U.S. east coast and I'm planning to do the same from July-early Oct in 2019.

I've read online about Provincetown and how great, sexually open it is during certain weeks. Anyone with past experience on when is the best time to go? tips, details about the town and what to expect?

Thanks.

Hi, and I might be beat up for my comments. I'm older, 64, been to Ptown many years. Not the same and even now no really good place to have fun. The so called gay bars are usually dead after 10pm, I don't get it. I loved Ptown for many years. If someone can tell me differently, let me know

I spent most of this past summer on the U.S. east coast and I'm planning to do the same from July-early Oct in 2019.

I've read online about Provincetown and how great, sexually open it is during certain weeks. Anyone with past experience on when is the best time to go? tips, details about the town and what to expect?

Thanks.

Lucky you, to have the whole summer off! Two years ago, I went to P-Town for a few days the week after Labor Day. The weather was still fine, and it was still busy and bustling, but everything was winding down. They had the contest for the drag queen of the year, last shows for strip shows, and so on. I have a sense that it becomes pretty slow (and no longer sunning weather) from mid-September on, so I wouldn't go there at that time expecting lots of action. You might want to spend some time in Ogunquit, Maine during the height of summer. I would guess that after September 10th or so, Rehoboth Beach, Delaware would have nicer weather, though I've never been. I've also never been to Fire Island, which seems difficult to get to, and difficult to stay at unless you know someone.

Provincetown is great. Best times depends what you are looking for. Busiest weeks are Carnival and Bear week. Also most expensive and hard to get a room. I'd avoid Family week and Women's week (given your stated interests). My favorite time is off season (esp. after Labor Day), but I prefer quieter times. The "shoulder seasons" are still quite busy and easier/cheaper rentals. The "heyday" of public sex at "Dick Dock", The Dunes and bars have largely gone the way of gay marriage and the internet, like the rest of gay culture. There's still plenty of sex going on, but the place(s) to hookup are mostly online. The "magic" of Provincetown is it's almost 100% gay, beautiful/quaint New England seaside village, and it's really compact/walkable. It's also quite expensive; which limits the clientele to affluent men and party boys working 4 jobs to pay the rent (this can be seen as a positive and negative). There are fantastic restaurants, beaches, and a handlful of bars. New Years Eve is a great time to visit. Most B&Bs have a 3-5 night minimum "in season". My favorite guest house in PTown is the Carpe Diem (fab rooms, clothing optional courtyard and beautiful spa). The Bear and Leather events are the most "sexually open". Here's a list of all the "theme weeks": https://ptownevents.com/provincetown-theme-weeks/ Provincetown is where I learned at the age of 19 that there is a big varied gay world out there, and I set my sights on getting out of my small home town....have been in Boston now since age 23. PS "in season" you might find a few (visiting) 'scorts there, very few off season. Good luck!

Thanks.

Dick dock… Very few guys hire in Ptown.

Have had fun under Dick Dock on more than one occasion:):):):)

OMG, was that YOU??!! You naughty, naughty boy. Daddy is going to have to spank you!

Is Dick Dock even a thing anymore?

Well maybe not right now - it is winter, after all. Even for those of us who are ruled by our little heads rather than the larger one might balk at frostbite of the balls. Wait, maybe that's a Rocky & His Friends moment waiting to happen: Frostbite balls in Frostbite Falls. At any rate, it seemed to still be thriving last summer when I was there.

Is Dick Dock even a thing anymore?

Yeah from what I read on other forums and places like Squirt, the Dick Dock is still very active in the summer time. Especially during those 3 major weeks mentioned before (July 4th, Bear week, Carnival).