Friendboy.pro Gone?

FrancisCA
This topic is 1970 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It feels like a technical issue. When a site shuts down there’s usually,but not always, a splash page that indicates the website can’t be fund or is down. For me, the page just keeps trying to load until it times out.

Dear competitors of Friendboy.pro are very generous spending money on new DDos and other attacks:) But when the site is down it only means it will be up again soon:) No worries

Oh for crying out loud. The website went down. It came back up with a new pop-up element that wasn't there before. The simple explanation is that it was down briefly as part of the change to its content. That's normal. Nothing to be ashamed of! Making site upgrades is good!

Instead, the site's rep gives us a vague, unprovable and untestable accusation of financed DDoS attacks purchased by the site's competitors. There is no explanation of what leads them to believe that. THIS is the reason people worry about the integrity and trustworthiness of friendboy.pro.

Oh for crying out loud. The website went down. It came back up with a new pop-up element that wasn't there before. The simple explanation is that it was down briefly as part of the change to its content. That's normal. Nothing to be ashamed of! Making site upgrades is good!

Instead, the site's rep gives us a vague, unprovable and untestable accusation of financed DDoS attacks purchased by the site's competitors. There is no explanation of what leads them to believe that. THIS is the reason people worry about the integrity and trustworthiness of friendboy.pro.

Golem, you have your own Friendboy.pro , keep it. You didn’t ask anything, you know everything yourself much better than I do, so my answer was not for you:) Next time if someone asks me personally, go ahead and answer. Now since I was before you answering some questions addressed to me, I’d clarify for other people. There are no new elements added to Friendboy.pro site during almost a month already. But some old elements are still not working correctly after that last attack yesterday

Edited by Angel

And of course keep worring if you want to.

Or just explain what leads you to conclude that you were the victim of a DDoS attack in the first place.

I have already explained to particulary you that its not my site. My good friend works for it. I have some brief information at the moment, that’s it. Being a freakquent Friendboy.pro user I see that everything is the same, especially mentioned pop up thing, just not all elements still work correctly.

Whose site it is has nothing to do with the assertion you made. I'm just suggesting you could explain why you think there was a DDoS attack paid for by a competitor. It's a big accusation. Surely there's something that leads you to make it?

Whose site it is has nothing to do with the assertion you made. I'm just suggesting you could explain why you think there was a DDoS attack paid for by a competitor. It's a big accusation. Surely there's something that leads you to make it?

I only had a quick note from my friend so far. They are very busy with recovering the site at the moment. It was my guess about compatitors. Who else would pay for cyber attacking Friendboy.pro? Ddos and other attacks are expensive. Homophobes will pay for it? I don’t believe. Random Hackers? Friendboy.pro has no financial platform on it, so I don’t believe in random hackers. But you know better than me, I remember:)

N.B.:

Angel replied to my last post ("But what makes...") from a different account, @DavidMore. That post has now been deleted. However, I still have it open in another window. Here's a screenshot:

https://pasteboard.co/HRi7OkW.png

This may be worth keeping in mind when deciding what to trust, and whether or not an external entity is using multiple accounts here to surreptitiously influence the conversation.

N.B.:

Angel replied to my last post ("But what makes...") from a different account, @DavidMore. That post has now been deleted. However, I still have it open in another window. Here's a screenshot:

https://pasteboard.co/HRi7OkW.png

This may be worth keeping in mind when deciding what to trust, and whether or not an external entity is using multiple accounts here to surreptitiously influence the conversation.

David is my partner actually. We are trying to test how the new version of forum works. Sorry for the confusion

I only had a quick note from my friend so far. They are very busy with recovering the site at the moment. It was my guess about compatitors. Who else would pay for cyber attacking Friendboy.pro? Ddos and other attacks are expensive. Homophobes will pay for it? I don’t believe. Random Hackers? Friendboy.pro has no financial platform on it, so I don’t believe in random hackers. But you know better than me, I remember:)

According to ICANN WHOIS, the registration directory maintained by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, a registration update was made on 12/11/2018. They are supposed to be seamless, but registration updates are a bear and they often wreck havoc on a website. Last year, Google did maintenance on their domain registry and my domain was messed up for days. Couldn't receive or send email. Fortunately, your friend was able to recover relatively quickly. Since he doesn't charge for his services, he didn't experience lost revenue. Still, I'd ask for a refund of a day's worth of hosting fees just to teach them a lesson.

According to ICANN WHOIS, the registration directory maintained by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, a registration update was made on 12/11/2018. They are supposed to be seamless, but registration updates are a bear and they often wreck havoc on a website. Last year, Google did maintenance on their domain registry and my domain was messed up for days. Couldn't receive or send email. Fortunately, your friend was able to recover relatively quickly. Since he doesn't charge for his services, he didn't experience lost revenue. Still, I'd ask for a refund of a day's worth of hosting fees just to teach them a lesson.

The story is much more interesting than I thought based on a quick note I initially had. But it’s not for public. Please stop asking me in public and in PM about Friendboy.pro insides. Its not my site and I dont have enough information to answer all the questions you may have. I am sure it will survive anyway.

Please stop asking me in public and in PM about Friendboy.pro insides. Its not my site and I dont have enough information to answer all the questions you may have.

To be honest, it seems to me that you spend much more time trying to "defend" the site out here than answer questions that are posed to you about it. If you don't want to talk about the site, you have to actually do that, lol. If you want to step in to try to defend the site anytime anyone makes comments about it, well, you can't really also tell us not to ask you questions lol. Just a friendly suggestion, thanks. ;)

To be honest, it seems to me that you spend much more time trying to "defend" the site out here than answer questions that are posed to you about it. If you don't want to talk about the site, you have to actually do that, lol. If you want to step in to try to defend the site anytime anyone makes comments about it, well, you can't really also tell us not to ask you questions lol. Just a friendly suggestion, thanks. ;)

Okay;)