How to tell a user is Banned.

Guy Fawkes
This topic is 2000 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Not Correct. Timed Out User are Indicated by their username have a strike through line.

At one point, when someone was timed-out it used to state the person was on time out in words under their avatar. I'm pretty certain I'm not imagining that. That is what I was referencing.

I thought I read that it was decided to get rid of or turn that feature off. Is that not correct?

Edited by big-n-tall

FWIW...I understand the privacy issue, but I've always felt that it would be helpful to other members when we are notified that a poster has been banned for violation of the TOS. Especially in the case of a poster who is attacking or harassing other members. Doing it publicly would also put other offenders on notice that the Grinch is lurking...

When I look for NYNakedtop, it says "Profile not available." There is no such message on Avalon's profile, so I'm guessing no time-out. Maybe he's with family for Thanksgiving? Hopefully not in the hospital or worse....

But you can’t “start a conversation” with either of them...usually a sign a user has been timed out. I agree when yuh click on their user name their info screens look a bit different from each other.

I tend to agree with you. Given my druthers I'd want it to only be visible to logged-in users. Concentrating on the sandbox version first.

FWIW...I understand the privacy issue, but I've always felt that it would be helpful to other members when we are notified that a poster has been banned for violation of the TOS. Especially in the case of a poster who is attacking or harassing other members. Doing it publicly would also put other offenders on notice that the Grinch is lurking...

This topic is 2000 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.