Turk The Carvey!! aka Happy Thanksgiving To My Forum Family!!

Gar1eth
This topic is 2006 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'll be spending it at home. And as usual I'm making my famous Hershey Bar Pie!!

You take 6 Hershey Bars and melt over low heat with a 1/2 cup of milk. After that you add a tub of Cool Whip, and then pour it into an Oreo or Graham Cracker Crust and freeze -not refrigerate-for several hours or overnight. And this year I'm going to be putting in a 1/4 tsp of Mint Extract. Last year I did an 1/8th of a tsp, and I thought the flavor was too subtle. Wish me luck that 1/4th isn't overboard.

As for other news, I found out a week or so ago that in May I'll be a great-uncle for the 5th time!!!

I wish all of you the best!!

how-to-cook-a-turkey-step-1-buy-a-turkey-7589310.png

Gman

I'll be spending it at home. And as usual I'm making my famous Hershey Bar Pie!!

You take 6 Hershey Bars and melt over low heat with a 1/2 cup of milk. After that you add a tub of Cool Whip, and then pour it into an Oreo or Graham Cracker Crust and freeze -not refrigerate-for several hours or overnight. And this year I'm going to be putting in a 1/4 tsp of Mint Extract. Last year I did an 1/8th of a tsp, and I thought the flavor was too subtle. Wish me luck that 1/4th isn't overboard.

As for other news, I found out a week or so ago that in May I'll be a great-uncle for the 5th time!!!

I wish all of you the best!!

Gman

That was hilarious Gman...have a great Thanksgiving.

MAZEL TOV!!!!!!

Gman

This reminds me of my mother's infamous Extra-Crispy Chocolate and Butterscotch Chip Cookie recipe, which everyone raved about at a high school bake sale. It is the only cookie recipe that calls for a quart of Gallo-by-the-gallon Chianti.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. For the second year in a row, I bought a frozen turkey at the last minute. I was just going to have turkey sandwiches but then I thought, what the hell. Problem last year was how to defrost the turkey in time. So my recipe is:

Buy a frozen turkey

Set steam shower to 110 degrees

Place frozen turkey in shower and let steam for 20 minutes and allow room to cool back to room temperature.

Let turkey defrost further overnight

Repeat process of steaming the turkey

Slather turkey in honey and butter and cover with foil

Place in preheated oven at 450 degrees for 20 minutes

Turn heat down to 200 degrees and cook for 15 minutes per pound

Uncover and then slather the turkey with maple syrup and cook for 15 minutes at 450 degrees and allow to cool

When you have limited cooking skills as I do, this turkey comes out surprisingly moist with a brown crispy skin

The giblets are used to add to the out of bird stuffing The first year I forgot to take the giblets out and they turned out to be delicious cooked within the turkey. That was a lucky bonus, though the liver was a bit dry.

Hardest part is having the steam shower installed.