My ex-roommate's sister-in-law's sister's good friend's kid is IN THE FINALS on DANCING W/ THE STARS

samhexum
This topic is 2007 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I accidentally hit 7 on my remote and got taken to ABC. DANCING WITH THE STARS was on & one of the judges was critiquing a young guy I'd never seen before.

Suddenly they cut to the audience and there was Camryn Manheim, beaming from ear to ear. As the judge droned on, he called the kid Milo, which is Camryn's son's name. I have no idea what the fuck he's done to warrant being on that show with such illustrious show biz luminaries.

Around the time Camryn got THE PRACTICE, one of her best friends was a woman named Adele. After she started making $$$, Camryn paid for the process for Adele to adopt a kid; they were that close. I don't know if they still are.

ANYHOO... Adele's sister is married to my ex-roommate's brother. My ex-roommate went out clubbing with them once and wound up dancing with Alan Cumming.

Edited by samhexum

I accidentally hit 7 on my remote and got taken to ABC. DANCING WITH THE STARS was on & one of the judges was critiquing a young guy I'd never seen before.

Suddenly they cut to the audience and there was Camryn Manheim, beaming from ear to ear. As the judge droned on, he called the kid Milo, which is Camryn's son's name. I have no idea what the fuck he's done to warrant being on that show with such illustrious show biz luminaries.

Around the time Camryn got THE PRACTICE, one of her best friends was a woman named Adele. After she started making $$$, Camryn paid for the process for Adele to adopt a kid; they were that close. I don't know if they still are.

ANYHOO... Adele's sister is married to my ex-roommate's brother. My ex-roommate went out clubbing with them once and wound up dancing with Alan Cumming.

Three degrees of separation?

Milo was in a Disney movie, apparently. They're not really attracting Meryl Streep & Jack Nicholson, huh? ;):cool::rolleyes:

No, DWTS does not attract A-list celebrities. The "stars" on DWTS are either cable-channel level stars (like Milo), athletes, political figures, online content producers, or older performers who haven't been in a successful production for quite a while. It's good exposure for people like that and they do get paid a bit of money for being on the show. Anyone who is actually currently successful would have no need to be on the show since they don't need to use the show as a promotion vehicle and they surely are making more money doing other projects; if they want to learn to dance, they can just pay someone to teach them and not have to learn in front of a television audience!

No, DWTS does not attract A-list celebrities... It's good exposure for people like that and they do get paid a bit of money for being on the show. Anyone who is actually currently successful would have no need to be on the show since they don't need to use the show as a promotion vehicle and they surely are making more money doing other projects...

I also think one or two have done the show to help themselves get in better shape. The only time I ever cared about the show was the season Joey Lawrence & Mario Lopez were on.