I Have Such A Good Landlord

Avalon
This topic is 2038 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

One thing a diabetic suffers from is toe pain. I take an over the counter med called Methyl Pro which I order on the phone and it's mailed to me. I placed an order in early October but when my landlord brought my groceries and mail to me last Thursday it was not there. So I called and placed a new order. I called the rent mail box place yesterday and it had arrived. So I called my landlord and he was to bring my mail by this morning at 9AM. He is a substitute school teacher. He called me at 9:30AM and said that he was called in to teach and would come by after school. My phone is in the kitchen. It rings four times before the answering machine picks up. There is no way I can reach the phone in four rings.

So my landlord calls me again. Since I didn't answer the phone he was worried about me and said that his wife was going to come by and check on me. She just left.

Wasn't that nice!

I can go days, weeks without talking to anyone. But see how I rambled on with this post. Even if I had someone to talk to who would want to bother listening to me prattle on!

My landlord was just here. He brought my mail. I had two books and meds. The delivery speed was incredible. Last Thursday besides the Methyl Pro I called the company who sends me other meds. Two were okay but I was told my doctor would need to give new prescriptions for the others. But all the meds were there! Maybe because I'm unable to see my doctor he wants to make sure I stay up on my meds so maybe he expedited things on his end.

I have meds and food for the month. My landlord took out the garbage. I should be okay for awhile.

Avalon, either angels truly walk among us or you are unknowingly paying WAY above market rent for your place.

My rent is quite good. I pay less than the other tenants in the fourplex. And my rent is lower than in the other units on the street. I've lived here for 27 years.

Another landlord story

Last Dec 26th I had a doctor's appointment because of the abrasion on the inside of my upper left leg. It was early afternoon. He gave me a prescription for antibiotic cream. (I now buy it over-the-counter) So I go to the pharmacy drive-thru. No car in front of me. At the window I turn the engine off. I get my prescription. The car will not start. Dead. I ask the window clerk to call AAA. Two clerks come out and push my car forward out of the way. Later one returns to check on me. I ask her to call AAA to see what's happening. Seems the window clerk didn't call them. Several more hours go by. It's now dark and cold. Btw during this time several people have offered me help. Two even tried to jump start the battery. A clerk comes out and asks me if they can call someone. They call my landlord. He's not home but his wife is. An hour later he shows up. He calls AAA. They are running behind. A homeless guy comes by on his bicycle. He stops. He jiggles a few wires and my car starts up. I drive home; my landlord follows behind me. Later at home AAA calls saying they are on their way. It had six or seven hours.

Avalon, either angels truly walk among us or you are unknowingly paying WAY above market rent for your place.

Avalon says he’s paying market or below. But even if he’s paying a little above market, it might be a good deal compared to hiring a new person to assist him. The landlord or his wife is right there 24/7 and willing and able to assist.

Avalon says he’s paying market or below. But even if he’s paying a little above market, it might be a good deal compared to hiring a new person to assist him. The landlord or his wife is right there 24/7 and willing and able to assist.

For once I disagree. My guess is he need social interaction from more than just his landlord and his wife. And, at some point, they may have had enough.

For once I disagree. My guess is he need social interaction from more than just his landlord and his wife. And, at some point, they may have had enough.

Would social interaction with a paid care assistant be any better? Let's be honest: Many of them hate their jobs. I agree that the landlord may say "enough" at some point.