DMV And Car Insurance

Avalon
This topic is 2039 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have had my car parked in the parking lot of the apartment.

Many years ago I parked on the street and someone slashed my tires.

But even parking in the apartment lot is no guarantee. There were some teenage boys who pranked my car. One time someone broke the passenger side window. One time someone emptied the car out but it was my fault; I hadn't locked it.

A tenant had his car stolen.

Sell it.

~Boomer~

The fellow I save bottles for wants to buy it. But if I sold it I'd feel like I was giving up. As long as there is life there is hope.

When my father was in the hospital on his deathbed he spoke of coming home and driving his pick-up truck. (Late 50s Chevrolet).

If you can't drive and get the car smoged; It's time to give it up.

The main reason I'm having it registered as inoperable is because of the needed smog inspection. If not for that I would have paid the regular registration fee and kept up the insurance.

I could have it towed to the mechanic and had him get it in operating condition and do the smog and then have them return it to me. Maybe I will if I get better.

The main reason I'm having it registered as inoperable is because of the needed smog inspection. If not for that I would have paid the regular registration fee and kept up the insurance.

I could have it towed to the mechanic and had him get it in operating condition and do the smog and then have them return it to me. Maybe I will if I get better.

My mom was in her mid-70s when the brakes failed in her car. She was able to get home safely, but never drove again.

Not driving made her dependent on other people for almost everything Looking back, perhaps she should have bought a new car, or a more reliable uses car.

I agree that having the car gives you hope, which is truly priceless.

A couple of years ago I had a close call. I was driving back from the store. Luckily I was getting green lights the closer I got to my apartment. I had been having stiffness in my legs. So I get to the apartment parking lot. I could move my foot off the gas but not lift it to put on the brake. YIKES! If I had kept going I would have hit the fence behind the building. So I turned the engine off stopping the car.

A couple of years ago I had a close call. I was driving back from the store. Luckily I was getting green lights the closer I got to my apartment. I had been having stiffness in my legs. So I get to the apartment parking lot. I could move my foot off the gas but not lift it to put on the brake. YIKES! If I had kept going I would have hit the fence behind the building. So I turned the engine off stopping the car.

This is after the fact, but I'm curious to know if your car has a hand-operated emergency break you could have used in that situation.

This is after the fact, but I'm curious to know if your car has a hand-operated emergency break you could have used in that situation.

I don't know. I'm not a mechanical person. I drove less than 500 miles per year. I didn't drive every day nor after dark. I never used the heater nor the a/c. I did use the defroster some time.

In another I shared that I have never changed a tire.