Amazon Prime Advice

Avalon
This topic is 2032 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Avalon appears to have all the answers as to why he can’t do something and none of how he can with so much help here - by design.

I have Life Alert. When I fall again that will be the end. I'll call the rescue squad and have them take me to the ER. Then I'll insist on going to a home and have the county conservator take care of me.

I have Life Alert. When I fall again that will be the end. I'll call the rescue squad and have them take me to the ER. Then I'll insist on going to a home and have the county conservator take care of me.

If you have a life alert you don’t have to call. You simply need to push a button. With your luck and doom the battery will probably be dead. :rolleyes:

Edited by Larstrup

In New York, there are programs with SAGE that help older gay men. My friend volunteers and helps a shut on a weekly basis in with his computers or taxes. Perhaps you can find something like that in your neighborhood or maybe SAGE has a local chapter in your area? It is worrisome that you feel like you don’t want to impose on your landlord with things that are normal day to day necessities.

If you have a life alert you don’t have to call. You simply need to push a button.

I wear the button on a string around my neck 24/7. Once I push the button then I get a contact voice on the machine asking me if I need help. A couple of weeks ago the button got pushed about 3AM in my sleep and the Alert person asking me if I were okay and needing help.

I pay for it each month; I have a three year contract. Since getting it have heard ads offering something akin to it for free.

In New York, there are programs with SAGE that help older gay men. My friend volunteers and helps a shut on a weekly basis in with his computers or taxes. Perhaps you can find something like that in your neighborhood or maybe SAGE has a local chapter in your area?

There are no gay groups here not even a Pflag.

You'll be admitted to the hospital first for evaluation & treatment.

~Boomer~

I took the ambulance to the ER in May of last year. I stood up and was quite lite headed so I called 911. It was in late evening. Once at the ER I began throwing up. The nurse was not pleasant in fact I thought her rude. I wanted to spend the night and find out why I was lite headed. They refused. They got me a taxi ride home gratis plus they gave me a prescription for I had no idea what at the time. I was hoping for the lite headedness but I found out later it was for the vomiting. The taxi stopped at a 24/7 pharmacy and I got the prescription filled for free.

Several days later I went to see my doctor. The anniversary of mother's death in June always makes me anxious and last year was the 40th anniversary. The doctor said that I was suffering from anxiety.

At the ER the exam room they put me in the door was too narrow for the gurney to get through so I had to get up and walk to the bed in the exam room.

Did I say the nurse was rude? INDEED!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

On the ride home I chatted with the taxi drive. Even though I was at that time still able to get around somewhat my landlord had been bringing me my groceries for several months. The taxi driver said that they had customers who hired them to bring their grocery order.

Even though I was at that time still able to get around somewhat my landlord had been bringing me my groceries for several months. The taxi driver said that they had customers who hired them to bring their grocery order.

I’ve been using Instacart at work and it’s totally awesome - they even have a year subscription program so I can get things delivered without service charge. I know Costco is one of the store as is Safeway, Wholefood, etc. in different locations. You tell them what you want and schedule when you want it delivered. Pretty cool.

I’ve been using Instacart at work and it’s totally awesome - they even have a year subscription program so I can get things delivered without service charge. I know Costco is one of the store as is Safeway, Wholefood, etc. in different locations. You tell them what you want and schedule when you want it delivered. Pretty cool.

No store here has home delivery. I've checked. Pizza does and some restaurants.

No store here has home delivery. I've checked. Pizza does and some restaurants.

It’s not a store. It’s an online service (sorry not sure where you’re at). I’ve used instacart to have things delivered to AZ, Las Vegas, NJ, OKC, etc. Go online and type instacart and enter zip code to see if they have a set-up. :)

It’s not a store. It’s an online service (sorry not sure where you’re at). I’ve used instacart to have things delivered to AZ, Las Vegas, NJ, OKC, etc. Go online and type instacart and enter zip code to see if they have a set-up. :)

Thanks! I found a site. It wanted me to sign up, create a password etc.. It mentioned delivery from Safeway. There has no been a Safeway store here for maybe 30 years.

As Larstrup so aptly said: "Avalon appears to have all the answers as to why he can’t do something and none of how he can with so much help here - by design."

Indeed Avalon posts his trails and tribulations with repetitive frequency and many have offered advice, yet Avalon refuses to do anything. I thought he ordered a walker, but I bet that didn't work out. This guy refuses to do anything meaningful and helpful in his life. He will indeed fall and be on the floor before anyone gets him help. That said, I think Avalons primary issue is depression. But he won't seek help for that either.

My other guess is that this is all some internet ruse on his behalf to see how many people will respond to his rantings. I'm surprised he hasn't asked for donations!

As Larstrup so aptly said: "Avalon appears to have all the answers as to why he can’t do something and none of how he can with so much help here - by design."

Indeed Avalon posts his trails and tribulations with repetitive frequency and many have offered advice, yet Avalon refuses to do anything. I thought he ordered a walker, but I bet that didn't work out. This guy refuses to do anything meaningful and helpful in his life. He will indeed fall and be on the floor before anyone gets him help. That said, I think Avalons primary issue is depression. But he won't seek help for that either.

My other guess is that this is all some internet ruse on his behalf to see how many people will respond to his rantings. I'm surprised he hasn't asked for donations!

I got the walker yesterday.

I don't mind his postings...I do hope he is alright and in a good space. Some of his musings are entertaining and I do appreciate seeing the other side of the fence, as we age, we will all have to face mobility issues. It's good to think about things and prepare in advance. Fortunately, i still have a strong social group and close friends nearby that seem (at the moment) will be able to help out. A few of us are looking into buying condos next to each other in Palm Springs and Montreal so we can remain close to each other and help each other out.

I don't mind his postings...I do hope he is alright and in a good space. Some of his musings are entertaining and I do appreciate seeing the other side of the fence, as we age, we will all have to face mobility issues. It's good to think about things and prepare in advance. Fortunately, i still have a strong social group and close friends nearby that seem (at the moment) will be able to help out. A few of us are looking into buying condos next to each other in Palm Springs and Montreal so we can remain close to each other and help each other out.

That is a wonderful idea!

I had wanted to grow old with my sister but she died over 30 years ago (suicide).