I need a Doctor!

marylander1940

• 2 weeks later...

31-dr-mike.w700.h700.jpg

This is Dr. Mikhail Varshavski, working on the front lines in NYC right now! Check out his informative YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMopOpiNB1sTruHart1 :cool:

For those in NYC... here's a chance that would be hard to pass up. Donations for a good cause too. Didn't see anything in the rules, although I didn't read every single word, that the winners have to be female. Its a good thing my doctor doesn't look like Dr. Mike or I'd be feeling ill every day. One good thing though is I'd be in great shape because I'd force myself to work out everyday. http://coffeembagel.wix.com/cmbcharity-drmike

It's a PR stunt. If anything, having a male "date" would net Dr.Varshavski more publicity. A guy that attractive probably gets approached by people of both genders, so regardless of his orientation, the idea must have occurred to him.

Ok, you've convinced me, hope my large check doesn't bounce :)

Instagram’s ‘hottest doctor’ called out for partying maskless on boat

A Manhattan-based celebrity physician known as Instagram’s “hottest doctor” was caught partying maskless on a boat in Miami after months of stressing the importance of face coverings to his millions of followers, according to a report Thursday.

Mikhail Varshavski — aka Dr. Mike — was photographed rubbing elbows with a group of bikini-clad women in Sunset Harbor during his 31st birthday bash, despite also urging the public to social distance during the pandemic, the Daily Mail reported.

Images show the shirtless doc giving one of the women a neck rub and posing without a mask next to a bottle of Champagne — sparking outrage from fans who called him a hypocrite, the outlet reported.

“I know it’s your life and you can do what you want, but you have chosen to be a public figure. And because of that, and your profession, you are held to a higher standard,” one follower, Irisheyez, wrote on Reddit. “You are supposed to be the example. I admired and respected you. Now that is all lost.”

Since the spring, Varshavski — who was named “sexiest doctor alive” by People Magazine in 2015 — has pleaded with the public to mask up on social media and TV.

“Please, if you’re going outside in public and are going to be around other people, wear a mask. It doesn’t matter if it’s silk, cotton or surgical grade. The purpose of the mask is to limit the respiratory droplets that you put out into the environment,” he told Maria Bartiroma on Fox Business in July.

“By wearing a mask, you are essentially limiting the spread to the community.”

In a conversation with Dr. Fauci posted on Youtube, he added, “Social distancing is incredibly important. That’s how we control the spread of this virus.”

Varshavski works as a primary care physician in Chatham, New Jersey and flew from New York City to Miami for the birthday bash on Nov. 12, the outlet reported. He has roughly 6.5 million YouTube subscribers, 3.9 million followers on Instagram and 2.9 million on Facebook.

“When you become a very large and growing medical influencer, one that a lot of people rely on for medical information in regards to the pandemic, it’s not a good look,” another follower slammed after news of the boat party broke.

A rep for Varshavski sent The Post statement Thursday claiming he only removed the mask to take a dip.

“Dr. Varshavski took off his mask only when getting in and out of the water, also per CDC guidelines on wet masks. The boat was privately owned,” says the statement, which the rep attributed to a “source close to” the doctor.

“Dr. Varshavski has always been — and is — a proponent of mask wearing and safety amidst the pandemic. All federal, state and local CDC guidelines related to COVID-19 travel and safety were followed, including boat capacity, testing, and return to NYS protocol,” it adds.

Mikhail-Varshavski-dr-mike-2.jpg

Mikhail-Varshavski-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...