Video of Cute Korean Guys Chilling Together

quoththeraven
This topic is 2043 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

And holding hands and looking like boyfriends even though they probably aren't. Posting here rather than Gallery because while they're my taste visually they're not within the fairly narrow range of what is most popular here visually and because this video is more emotional than sexual in nature.

Also anyone who thinks they're too androgynous looking can just skip to the next post without commenting, thanks, or I'll post videos of Suga/Yoongi's most aggressive raps.

South Korea is super homophobic but the majority of this video is from material filmed and distributed by their record label. I think that's more important than conforming to Western stereotypes of masculinity.

And holding hands and looking like boyfriends even though they probably aren't. Posting here rather than Gallery because while they're my taste visually they're not within the fairly narrow range of what is most popular here visually and because this video is more emotional than sexual in nature.

Also anyone who thinks they're too androgynous looking can just skip to the next post without commenting, thanks, or I'll post videos of Suga/Yoongi's most aggressive raps.

South Korea is super homophobic but the majority of this video is from material filmed and distributed by their record label. I think that's more important than conforming to Western stereotypes of masculinity.

Very nice. Thank you for posting.

Very nice. Thank you for posting.

I can find equivalent video of every possible couple in the group (BTS, or Bangtan Sonyeondan) doing pretty much the same thing, although Yoonmin (Yoongi/Jimin) is one of the most romantic/least platonic of the pairings.

I mean, Jungkook crawled into bed with and put his arms around V after going for an early morning run while the group was on vacation in Scandinavia. (They were traveling in a recreational vehicle at the time. V woke up and asked why Jungkook was in the bunk with him.) Jimin once curled up with V while V was using his phone to practice saying "I love you" in English. Back when Jin and Suga/Yoongi were roommates, they used to put their beds together so they could watch films. The men who lived with them and acted as their guides and mentors in the hip-hop boot camp reality show American Hustle Life at first thought they were all gay because they're so open about expressing affection and emotion.

the homoeroticism is popular with their female fans - especially their female teenage Asian fans.

True. But it's also pretty authentic to who they are, as it happens offstage as well. See my comment above. To them, it's not specifically homoerotic.

Another example is that when both J-Hope and Jin moved into the group's first apartment, where the seven of them shared one bedroom, the first person they met was Yoongi walking around in his underwear because he had just taken a shower. And at one point Yoongi admitted he had borrowed a pair of Jungkook's underwear without permission and then not said anything when Jungkook complained.

Its normal for korean males to hold hands. My male cousin wanted to constantly hold my hand when i visited once when we were teens. I was puzzled by it and asked my mom, she said it was normal, plus hes your brother. (family calls each other brother and sisters regardless if cousins or what not)

Its normal for korean males to hold hands. My male cousin wanted to constantly hold my hand when i visited once when we were teens. I was puzzled by it and asked my mom, she said it was normal, plus hes your brother. (family calls each other brother and sisters regardless if cousins or what not)

Yup, I was going to say that too. So it's not all fan service and It's borderline disrespectful to say it is.

I also understand the same is true for girls holding hands.

On the other hand, it's unusual and usually considered rude to touch artists of the opposite sex while performing or what not. That's part of the reason why co-ed groups are so unusual.

If this doesn't fit let me know and I'll delete, but there are a lot of K-drama bromance videos on YouTube. Fun Stuff. So handsome.

I didn't know S. Korea was that homophobic. Hopefully will get better.

It doesn't lead to homicidal violence, but continuing the family line and being "normal" ( i.e., orderly) is important in Korea, so there is a lot of prejudice. Also somewhere between 25-30% of South Koreans are Christian, mostly Protestant evangelicals.

Up until the early 2000s South Koreans generally insisted that homosexuality didn't exist in South Korea. There are very few openly gay celebrities, and one who came out in the early 2000s because he was directly asked lost all of the acting jobs he had lined up. He almost moved to another country. But he decided to stay and is now a famous restaurateur. While he hasn't returned to actinr, he's a regular on variety and talk shows and does gay rights advocacy and education. Nevertheless, South Korea isn't close to marriage equality yet. And public displays of affection by straight people are frowned on, although not as strongly as they used to be, so it's hard to complain that gay people also are constrained.

In addition to some transgender pop stars, two openly gay male idols (one with an agency, one without) and a former idol who is either asexual or questioning, there are a number of idols who are suspected or assumed to be LGBTQ. Others are openly but quietly supportive of the gay community and gay rights, like RM of BTS recommending Macklemore's "Same Love" and the soundtrack for Love, Simon and singing a cover of Troye Sivan's "Fools" with bandmate Jungkook; Suga/Yoongi saying in an interview with Billboard that gay and straight are equal, and possibly suggesting in an interview with a Japanese magazine that gender isn't important to him when it comes to relationships).

Unfortunately the idol who was the most openly supportive of LGBTQ rights - Jonghyun of SHINee, who retweeted a bisexual trans female student activist back in 2013 - committed suicide last December.

It doesn't lead to homicidal violence, but continuing the family line and being "normal" ( i.e., orderly) is important in Korea, so there is a lot of prejudice. Also somewhere between 25-30% of South Koreans are Christian, mostly Protestant evangelicals.

Up until the early 2000s South Koreans generally insisted that homosexuality didn't exist in South Korea. There are very few openly gay celebrities, and one who came out in the early 200ey used to be, so it's hard to complain that gay people also are constrained.

In addition to some transgender pop stars, two openly gay male idols (one with an agency, one without) and a former idol who is either asexual or questioning, there are a number of idols who are suspected or assumed to be LGBTQ. Others are openly but quietly supportive of the gay community and gay rights, like RM of BTS recommending Macklemore's "Same Love" and the soundtrack for Love, Simon and singing a cover of Troye Sivan's "Fools" with bandmate Jungkook; Suga/Yoongi saying in an interview with Billboard that gay and straight are equal, and possibly suggesting in an interview with a Japanese magazine that gende0s because he was directly asked lost all of the acting jobs he had lined up. He almost moved to another country. But he decided to stay and is now a famous restaurateur. While he hasn't returned to actinr, he's a regular on variety and talk shows and does gay rights advocacy and education. Nevertheless, South Korea isn't close to marriage equality yet. And public displays of affection by straight people are frowned on, although not as strongly as thr isn't important to him when it comes to relationships).

Unfortunately the idol who was the most openly supportive of LGBTQ rights - Jonghyun of SHINee, who retweeted a bisexual trans female student activist back in 2013 - committed suicide last December.

Hmmm i do remeber something i was told also by a family member, Homosexuality isnt really acknowledged publicly its more accepted as part of ones youth. Have sex with other boys? fine, have sex with other girls? fine.. but when you reach an age, you stop, get married, and have children, and never talk about it.

If this doesn't fit let me know and I'll delete, but there are a lot of K-drama bromance videos on YouTube. Fun Stuff. So handsome.

I didn't know S. Korea was that homophobic. Hopefully will get better.

the guy seen in the very first two seconds of this clip is very good-looking......thanks for the post.....

I can find equivalent video of every possible couple in the group (BTS, or Bangtan Sonyeondan) doing pretty much the same thing, although Yoonmin (Yoongi/Jimin) is one of the most romantic/least platonic of the pairings.

I mean, Jungkook crawled into bed with and put his arms around V after going for an early morning run while the group was on vacation in Scandinavia. (They were traveling in a recreational vehicle at the time. V woke up and asked why Jungkook was in the bunk with him.) Jimin once curled up with V while V was using his phone to practice saying "I love you" in English. Back when Jin and Suga/Yoongi were roommates, they used to put their beds together so they could watch films. The men who lived with them and acted as their guides and mentors in the hip-hop boot camp reality show American Hustle Life at first thought they were all gay because they're so open about expressing affection and emotion.

Completely serendipitously, I found a compilation of Taekook clips (Taehyung is V's birth name) that starts with them cuddling in V's bunk in that recreational vehicle.

But honestly the maknae line (the three youngest - Jungkook, V, and Jimin) is one big puppy pile anyway. So is the entire group sometimes. And they often act more playfully than their actual ages would suggest (21-25 in international years).

Hmmm i do remeber something i was told also by a family member, Homosexuality isnt really acknowledged publicly its more accepted as part of ones youth. Have sex with other boys? fine, have sex with other girls? fine.. but when you reach an age, you stop, get married, and have children, and never talk about it.

I've heard Japan described similarly, except it's more acceptable to have a same-sex lover on the side after marrying as long as one is discreet about it.

Completely serendipitously, I found a compilation of Taekook clips (Taehyung is V's birth name) that starts with them cuddling in V's bunk in that recreational vehicle.

But honestly the maknae line (the three youngest - Jungkook, V, and Jimin) is one big puppy pile anyway. So is the entire group sometimes. And they often act more playfully than their actual ages would suggest (21-25 in international years).

"Puppy pile" is a great analogy. Their interactions exude a genuine affection and brotherly devotion to each other.