Do You Have A Favorite Futuristic Novel?

Avalon
This topic is 2057 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Not disputing that at all, but I thought a great writer would find different ways to say it rather than repeating the same word ad-nauseam.

BTW not everybody thinks he is a great writer. According to the wiki page @Avalon linked, some claim he plagiarized large parts of Brave New World.

OTOH, maybe it's a literary device.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding "A Clockwork Orange" - I've not read the book but have seen the movie. When I was in college it was put on in the student union. There were several young nuns attending the school and they were at the movie. I was surprised.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Clockwork_Orange_(film)

Read the book, saw the movie with my high school boyfriend. I was just old enough to see the movie without a parent.

Margaret Atwood must be in the running as a one of the best creators of Dystopian worlds.

The Handmaid’s Tale

Oryx and Crake

The Year of the Flood

MaddAddam

The last three are related, but she resists classifying them as a “trilogy”.

I read her first novel "surfacing" as an assignment for a class in existential literature in college. Found it really lame. I was surprised at what a good author she became.

Regarding "A Clockwork Orange" - I've not read the book but have seen the movie. When I was in college it was put on in the student union. There were several young nuns attending the school and they were at the movie. I was surprised.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Clockwork_Orange_(film)

It's all about free will. So it shouldn't have been such a surprise.

It's all about free will. So it shouldn't have been such a surprise.

I remember almost nothing about the movie now. I was surprised that nuns would see such a movie. They were the same religious order that took care of my grandmother when she had her legs amputated but how they had changed in 25 years!