HUGE tv news and nobody posted about it?!?!?

samhexum

Why does that make a difference?.. The patient was on the show

Because this thread was started about the first on-going gay male relationship (not one-shot patient storylines with characters never seen again), as opposed to the numerous lesbian relationships the show has had.

On Thursday’s episode of the ABC hit, Dr. Nico Kim (Alex Landi) and “Glasses”/Dr. Levi Schmitt (Jake Borelli) shared a kiss — the first kiss between two male doctors on the show. Now Landi, Borelli, and showrunner Krista Vernoff are opening up to EW about how the storyline came to be.

Krista Vernoff: Jake [who joined the Grey’s cast last season] is an incredible actor, and the more we wrote for him, the more we wanted to write for him. So the story didn’t begin with, “Hey, we’ve never done a gay male love story.” It began with, “What are we going to do with Jake this year that’s different?”

We’re always just looking for fresh stories, and to realize that somehow we had never told this story was shocking and exciting. It felt like an avenue unexplored after 15 seasons, and when we began to talk about it in the writers’ room we all got really excited, and then we woke up the next morning to an email from our production assistant Xaiver, who is a gay man and took the brave steps of writing to the whole writing staff saying he couldn’t stop crying reading the writers’ room notes realizing that we were finally going to tell a story that would speak to him in this way. He was just so moved and so excited, and he thought it was going to be moving and exciting to a whole community of people who had not yet felt represented on the show but that were huge fans. I was already excited to do it, but that email made me cry.

Edited by samhexum

I'm inconsolable.

As was rumored, GREY'S killed off my favorite character tonight-- Dr. Deluca, the one who's been involved with Meredith the last 2 years. He was stabbed, then appeared to be okay after surgery, but they were only halfway through the episode, so I knew...

There were a couple of tender SCHMICO moments tonight (Nico's been written as more thoughtful this year), but they were no salve to my deep wound.

Deluca's memorial had me verklempt. The doctors were having a hard time of it. Levi & Nico held hands at the memorial. They had a nice scene earlier.

Cute-Variants-of-Sad-Gif-3.gif

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-sRkhF5l-nyg/TprN2NSXqxI/AAAAAAAABLk/LSYpZRnqO74/s280/Sad+Animated+Gif+Animation+Crying.gif http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-sRkhF5l-nyg/TprN2NSXqxI/AAAAAAAABLk/LSYpZRnqO74/s280/Sad+Animated+Gif+Animation+Crying.gif

"Taxi" had an episode about a guy wanting to date Tony.

I love that episode, especially Judd Hirsch's dance at the end. Johnny Carson*** played the interested guy, who was dating Elaine.

***John David Carson (born John Franklin Carson; March 6, 1952 – October 27, 2009) was an American actor. His first job was the voice of "Dino Boy/Todd" in 18 episodes of "Space Ghost" from 1966-1968, billed as Johnny Carson. Upon beginning his Hollywood career he was immediately engaged in a dispute with Johnny Carson over the use of their shared name - he subsequently went by the name John David Carson. Although he never legally changed his name from his birth name of John Franklin Carson to his professional name of John David Carson, he was married three times and listed his name on his marriage applications as John David Carson.

[MEDIA=dailymotion]x6sfzhq[/MEDIA]

I love that episode, especially Judd Hirsch's dance at the end. Johnny Carson*** played the interested guy, who was dating Elaine.

***John David Carson (born John Franklin Carson; March 6, 1952 – October 27, 2009) was an American actor. His first job was the voice of "Dino Boy/Todd" in 18 episodes of "Space Ghost" from 1966-1968, billed as Johnny Carson. Upon beginning his Hollywood career he was immediately engaged in a dispute with Johnny Carson over the use of their shared name - he subsequently went by the name John David Carson. Although he never legally changed his name from his birth name of John Franklin Carson to his professional name of John David Carson, he was married three times and listed his name on his marriage applications as John David Carson.

[MEDIA=dailymotion]x6sfzhq[/MEDIA]

Thanks for posting the video; it's a very funny episode. I started watching "Taxi" because I had such a crush on a young Tony Danza, but luckily for me, it was a good sit-com on its own merits, hotty factor aside. That episode must have been ~40 years ago, pretty edgy humor for the time.

• 4 weeks later...

At the end of last season, it seemed like SCHMICO would no longer be together, but covid changed the arc of their storyline and they've been getting closer again. Tonight Levi was trying to get Nico to give him a drawer at his place without freaking Nico out with the request, but when Levi asked him near the end of the episode, Nico blurted out some feelings in a way he never would've last year, and he asked Levi to move in with him... and of course Levi freaked out and pretended he had plans and couldn't come over tonight.

And, oh yeah, Derrick told Meredith it wasn't her time yet and she had to go back and take care of their kids, so she woke up at the end of the episode. So apparently Meredith will live, now the question is will the show?

Edited by samhexum

• 8 months later...

Unlike the last couple of years when negotiations dragged on until the end of the season, ABC has reached agreement with Ellen ('Don't Call Me Mike') Pompeo and renewed GREY'S for another year. 

And to think, two weeks ago she gave an interview in which she said she was doing everything she could to convince people the show should end.

From comments I've read, more than a few fans would be fine with the show continuing without her.

• 1 year later...

Interesting love triangle on STATION 19.

Gay firefighter Travis is running for mayor.  His cute (British) campaign manager Eli has been flirting and pursuing a relationship with Travis' (female) coworker Andy.  Last night, after a TV debate went smashingly well, a pumped-up Travis and Eli kissed -- just as Andy was texting him that she would go on a date with him.  WHOOPSIE!!!

BTW... I know you're all dying for a SCHMICO update...  well, they broke up last season and the (bad) actor who played Nico wasn't brought back this year.  Schmidt is now Chief resident and it looks like he went on a SEEfood diet when Nico left.  He recently had a fling with a travel nurse named Carlos, who finished his time in Seattle... no word on whether he'll be back.

• 10 months later...
On 4/7/2023 at 11:18 PM, samhexum said:

I know you're all dying for a SCHMICO update...  well, they broke up last season and the (bad) actor who played Nico wasn't brought back this year.  Schmidt is now Chief resident and it looks like he went on a SEEfood diet when Nico left.  He recently had a fling with a travel nurse named Carlos, who finished his time in Seattle... no word on whether he'll be back.

GREY'S has been bringing back former stars for guest appearances the past few years, and they have announced that Nico & Steven Spielberg's stepdaughter will be making appearances this season.