The Cool Kids

Avalon
This topic is 2032 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 2 weeks later...
This is a delightful new sitcom about a group of seniors in a retirement community.

This is a stupid new sitcom about a group of seniors in a retirement community that wastes the talents of four veterans of better material and has the occasional laugh mixed in among the groans and tumbleweeds.

This is a stupid new sitcom about a group of seniors in a retirement community that wastes the talents of four veterans of better material and has the occasional laugh mixed in among the groans and tumbleweeds.

But some of us can identify with them. That's why I like it.

OMG was this week's episode AWFUL!

I will generally make an effort to temper my criticisms with some kindness, but your evaluation is spot on, it was indeed "awful." I'm willing to give it one or two more opportunities before I make my final judgement. The new Murphy Brown is also on my thin ice.

My sister contacted me as she was watching the premier and she indicated I needed to watch it. I didn't think it was awful and added to my DVR recording schedule, but it is at the bottom of the list, so if there are other shows on my list, it will not get recorded and I will not miss it. However, I do think it is better than some of the sitcoms on the air and there is little TV that is geared to an older generation, so it might actually gain a following.

Even though most of his lines are bad, I do enjoy the way Leslie Jordan is able to deliver them. It is good to see an openly-gay character older than me on TV.