Alternatives to Century Spa in LA?

hottk29
This topic is 1978 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

@Drained Empty, forgive me for being forward, but you have every right to be there too. I haven't been to any spas up in LA, but down here in OC, if the cruising gets excessive, the spas will shut it down and even call the cops sometimes.

I'm a middle-aged mixed race dad bod kind of guy. But, I don't give a shit if some stuckup cruiser "walks out" after I walk in. I don't go to a spa to cruise, I go to relax, my money is as good as theirs, and they're the ones breaking the law and violating basic civil norms. I'm not a dick or a narc, but if a guy tries to hassle me because he wants to only be around hotties, he can fuck right off to a bathhouse.

I sympathize with your experiences. There are plenty of racist lookist and ageist gay or closeted gay/bi/curious/straight/whatever guys around SoCal. But, stand up for yourself dude. You're a human being. You have every right to be there too.

Edited by LivingnLA

Most guys are respectful of each other.

But it just takes one "alpha" who determines "who's in" and "who's out" and the rest follow suit.

And while they're usually white, they're not always. I used to find African American patrons fairly sympathetic (and of course, I'm always polite to everyone) but in my recent visits I've found some have adopted a similar Weho attitude.

In a recent visit, four different black patrons walked out on me. It wasn't a "it's too hot" walk out. They would leave if I entered and reenter when I left. One guy was leading a group messing around outside.

I was also outside drying off but didn't cross the threshold (it's sad but nowadays there's literally a physical line I do not cross in the patio or steam). I was there for minutes but it wasn't until he saw my face instead of just my arm/torso he flew out of there.

One of the other guys was a Weho alpha I'll call Chad (real name probably Chad). Chad was there the entire time I was and would give mean and intimidating looks.

He and another Weho type (who I one hundred percent know is racist because my friend got him to admit it) would close the main door and patio door on patrons they didn't like.

Once they started messing around in the steam room I knew I had to go. Ugh.

Edited by Drained Empty

Most guys are respectful of each other.

But it just takes one "alpha" who determines "who's in" and "who's out" and the rest follow suit.

And while they're usually white, they're not always. I used to find African American patrons fairly sympathetic (and of course, I'm always polite to everyone) but in my recent visits I've found some have adopted a similar Weho attitude.

In a recent visit, four different black patrons walked out on me. It wasn't a "it's too hot" walk out. They would leave if I entered and reenter when I left. One guy was leading a group messing around outside.

I was also outside drying off but didn't cross the threshold (it's sad but nowadays there's literally a physical line I do not cross in the patio or steam). I was there for minutes but it wasn't until he saw my face instead of just my arm/torso he flew out of there.

One of the other guys was a Weho alpha I'll call Chad (real name probably Chad). Chad was there the entire time I was and would give mean and intimidating looks.

He and another Weho type (who I one hundred percent know is racist because my friend got him to admit it) would close the main door and patio door on patrons they didn't like.

Once they started messing around in the steam room I knew I had to go. Ugh.

Just report them to management if they're denying you access to facilities you paid for. They aren't "alphas." They're whiny entitled bullies who are acting like they're in high school again. They need to grow up.

Don’t let these bitches intimidate you, ever!!! Whether you’re black, Asian, Hispanic, fat, short, old, or any other group they like to marginalize.. own your pride and walk into any setting with confidence... and send them the ultimate message that they can kiss your entire ass!!!

What makes me so mad is that white gays will preach to the high heavens about gay rights, but will marginalize the living fuck out of everyone else, far worse.

Don’t hate them. Pity them. Their lives are unhappy and will only get unhappier. And hating them yields control to them.

• 2 months later...

Over the holidays, I went to one of the only Korean Spas in San Diego (I only know of two)... and overall, it was a really cool experience. Good mixture of gay guys, with the occasional straight guy thrown in... where when they walk in to the steamroom, everyone is suddenly on their BEST BEHAVIOR ;)

It doesn't get that busy down here... and I remembered seeing some thread here about Korean Spas and I thought I might want to try one out in LA with a little bit more activity. Then I found this thread, and it's so depressing I don't think I want to try the LA KSpas anymore...

I'm Asian. The guys in the KSpa down here might not be into that, but they're still nice. And the older guys are particularly nice and chatty and will answer questions about the place and what's going on. There was ONE guy -- Latin guy -- that would leave the room a couple minutes after I walked in. But then I got into the steam room with a little bit older white guy who sat next to me and was getting "friendly" which was cool. Then the Latin guy came back in and was totally into the white guy... kept trying to touch him and the white guy wasn't having it. I felt a little bit of Justice in that incident :)

Over the holidays, I went to one of the only Korean Spas in San Diego (I only know of two)... and overall, it was a really cool experience. Good mixture of gay guys, with the occasional straight guy thrown in... where when they walk in to the steamroom, everyone is suddenly on their BEST BEHAVIOR ;)

It doesn't get that busy down here... and I remembered seeing some thread here about Korean Spas and I thought I might want to try one out in LA with a little bit more activity. Then I found this thread, and it's so depressing I don't think I want to try the LA KSpas anymore...

I'm Asian. The guys in the KSpa down here might not be into that, but they're still nice. And the older guys are particularly nice and chatty and will answer questions about the place and what's going on. There was ONE guy -- Latin guy -- that would leave the room a couple minutes after I walked in. But then I got into the steam room with a little bit older white guy who sat next to me and was getting "friendly" which was cool. Then the Latin guy came back in and was totally into the white guy... kept trying to touch him and the white guy wasn't having it. I felt a little bit of Justice in that incident :)

Good to know, thanks for sharing. My experiences are primarily in the Korean Spas in OC and the vibe is mostly like what I remember from spas in Korea. Though, there are times when there are pushy cruisy guys. I generally ignore them unless they try to interfere in my experience. Then I call them on their BS or if necessary report them. I have no tolerance for bullies who try to claim spaces that do not belong to them or try to force their BS on others.