What Are You Watching? New Season

Avalon
This topic is 1498 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The new tv season begins tonight - finally! Tonight Monday - 24 September - I'm looking forward to -->

ABC - DWTS, The Good Doctor

CBS - Big Bang, Young Sheldon, Magnum PI, Bull

Fox - The Resident, 9-1-1

NBC - Manifest

I may watch most of these later on Hulu and CBS All Access

Is there a charge for CBS all access? There was a couple of years ago so I dropped it. I'm thinking they might have a free option now with commercials.

CBS All Access Pricing

MONTHLY PRICE

SIMULTANEOUS STREAMS

SERVICE DESCRIPTION

$5.99

CBS Live (in 150+ markets) and On Demand with ads

$9.99

CBS Live (in 150+ markets) and On Demand without ads

I like the CW Superhero regiment (i.e. Arrow, Flash), Riverdale, Supernatural and will at least check out the Charmed reboot. I also like the Gifted on Fox.

Abc- The Good Doctor and How to Get Away With Murder.

Nbc- This is Us, Will & Grace

Cbs- MacGyver and possibly the Neighborhood and Happy Together.

I checked out the Murphy Brown reboot for nostalgia sake, but won't watch it going forward (it was ok). Might check out the new show Manifest.

Just finished up the Bodyguard (a short series on BBC and Netflix).

CBS All Access Pricing

MONTHLY PRICE

SIMULTANEOUS STREAMS

SERVICE DESCRIPTION

$5.99

CBS Live (in 150+ markets) and On Demand with ads

$9.99

CBS Live (in 150+ markets) and On Demand without ads

That's too much for 1 channel. I won't join.

I've watched Ultraviolet on Netflix. It's a not very good show from Poland but I have a schoolgirl crush on the lead actor (plays the cop) Sebastian Fabijanski. If he moves to New York I'll become a stalker, don't like

pirogi much so Poland's out of the question.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXnWRHafgmQ

Edited by Cash4Trash

I recently discovered Babylon Berlin on Netflix. If you like Cabaret and are interested in the Weimar period in Germany this is a must-see. The most expensive German TV series ever produced, and it shows in the great recreations of that period.

I recently discovered Babylon Berlin on Netflix. If you like Cabaret and are interested in the Weimar period in Germany this is a must-see. The most expensive German TV series ever produced, and it shows in the great recreations of that period.

Another suggestion: fly to Berlin now and enjoy the hustler bars.

From the first list, I only watch Young Sheldon. It makes me laugh a few times an episode, which for me is not easy. I'm looking forward to the Michael Moore series, but neither he nor the channel it's on is promoting it yet as far as date and time. Game Show Network for now got rid of Card Sharks re-runs, so no more eye candy with the Chippendales dancers or bodybuilders episodes. :(

• 1 year later...
Guest MikeThomas

Just started watching Berlin Babylon. The cabaret dance segment in E2 reminded me that we are not the ones who invented the circuit party!

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you very much for introducing me to this show. Just finished Season2. OMG! Eps. 7 and 8 must have some of the most suspenseful, devastating, and joyous moments in television I have ever watched! Can't wait to start S3. Thanks again!

Guest MikeThomas
Thank you very much for introducing me to this show. Just finished Season2. OMG! Eps. 7 and 8 must have some of the most suspenseful, devastating, and joyous moments in television I have ever watched! Can't wait to start S3. Thanks again!

Now watching S2... E7 and 8 this weekend. This is a very well done show.

I have just started watching Babylon Berlin and have been very impressed by everything (although it can be violent). I can't imagine how much the series cost to produce. I am a historian by nature so was very impressed by the way they were able to capture the desperation of the Depression and the inequality it produced. The same thing was going on in the U.S. And you could sense why the Nazis would be able little by little to use the desperation. Though I, like everyone else, has found it binge worthy. Don't even think of putting on your face mask (or covering or whatever it is that we are calling it now) to go to the grocery store.

• 1 month later...

Something a lover of classical and liturgical music along with hot Gallic male beauty can enjoy - https://watch.mhzchoice.com/the-churchmen

Very moving and unbelievably quite engrossing at times. Sorry to report, none of the famed nudity usually seen in European movies and TV. There is a gay romance storyline involving a couple of the characters, though.

P. S. Also available through Amazon streaming video.