wax vs. shave

Snbrd
This topic is 2069 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

After years of shaving I had my privates waxed this summer. I liked the look (The rest of me is pretty much naturally smooth) but it's growing back. Not sure whether to go back to shaving or to wax again. Do any forum members, clients or providers, have any thoughts?

P.S. Not interested in going natural thanks!

BnaC, I liked not having to do anything for a few weeks. On the other hand, one has to balance a few minutes with the razor every few days versus the time & expense of getting waxed.

If you don’t have an issue with ingrowns, waxing is clearly preferable. In my case, there are some areas where neither is an option.

Laser wasn't on my radar. Will explore. Are you hairy or smooth?

I'm hairy all over. But had laser on my chest, abs, lower back, armpits, butt, and even on my face and neck to shape up my facial hair. There is some pain, but I couldn't imagine the pain of laser treatment on my pubic hair area. I think that area might be too sensitive. For me, I know that would hurt.

I would love to just get laser hair removal. I can't handle pain so I'll never get my back waxed. I'd rather just laser all my back hair all away, along with my neck hair so I could have nice clean edges all the time.

Getting waxed every 3-4 months. The first waxing I ever had was neckline at the hair salon. I haven't seen or heard of that since. But the neck hair is the hair that grows the quickest. I love having and seeing a clean neckline.