What Did You Eat Today?

Avalon
This topic is 2073 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, there’s cashew milk now as well? What else are they goinv to “milk”? Potato? I’m not being sarcastic or anything. Just haven’t checked out the milk section at the grocery store lately.

Yes, but if the FDA gets its way, it will be called

“Cashew non bovine lacteal fluid”
:mad:

And it will be and taste sooooo different!:eek:

Yes, but if the FDA gets its way, it will be called

“Cashew non bovine lacteal fluid”
:mad:

And it will be and taste sooooo different!:eek:

Good to know. I’m not a fan of soy milk. Almond milk is ok. I still like regular whole milk but I drink it less frequently than I used to. I’ve cut down a lot on anything that includes dairy though I’m not really lactose intolerant. It’s helps lose the weight. Carbs as well. I’ll eventually get to a point where there’s nothing for me to eat for the sake of staying healthy and fit. LOL

Lactose causes persistent painful rashes for me.

The fact that the FDA feels they need to protect us by not calling nut products “milk” is ridiculous to me...but, what’s in a name...I’ll still drink “nut juice” if I like it:p

It really isn't the FDA. The real culprit is the extremely powerful Dairy Lobby. The lobby has put all sorts of pressure on the representative and senators from dairy states to force this issue. Those legislators have in turn put pressure on the FDA. It is simply another example of a government agency caving in to outside pressure.

Wait, there’s cashew milk now as well? What else are they goinv to “milk”? Potato? I’m not being sarcastic or anything. Just haven’t checked out the milk section at the grocery store lately.

It's very easy to make your own nut milks. For cashew milk, you start with raw cashews, grind them fairly fine in a food processor. You don't want to grind them so fine that they turn into cashew butter. Pour boiling water over the ground nuts, strain thru cheez cloth. There you have it. Almond milk and coconut milk work the same way.

It's very easy to make your own nut milks. For cashew milk, you start with raw cashews, grind them fairly fine in a food processor. You don't want to grind them so fine that they turn into cashew butter. Pour boiling water over the ground nuts, strain thru cheez cloth. There you have it. Almond milk and coconut milk work the same way.

You’ve already lost me at “make your own” LOL

You’ve already lost me at “make your own” LOL

Fortunately, you can also buy them. Some places have oatmilk. I don't see the point of it though - it's just the starch from oats, without much protein or other nutrition. I went without dairy for a year or so and there was this stuff I bought that was powdered tofu - I don't remember the brand. You mixed it with water to make a soymilk. I liked it a lot better than soy milk.

Fortunately, you can also buy them. Some places have oatmilk. I don't see the point of it though - it's just the starch from oats, without much protein or other nutrition. I went without dairy for a year or so and there was this stuff I bought that was powdered tofu - I don't remember the brand. You mixed it with water to make a soymilk. I liked it a lot better than soy milk.

It's called "Better than Milk." I found it on Amazon.

I've tried almond milk. Imo not as good as the original "moo juice". :)

There are always tradeoffs to be made when you're trying to substitute something else for what you are used to. It is unrealistic to expect it to be exactly like or "just as good as" the original. The question is "Is it good enough?" If it isn't, it isn't.

Wait, there’s cashew milk now as well? What else are they going to “milk”? Potato? I’m not being sarcastic or anything. Just haven’t checked out the milk section at the grocery store lately.

As others have stated, yes, they have cashew milk. I don't like cashews so I haven't tried it, it was just a suggestion in case anyone was lactose intolerant. I prefer organic whole milk. It tastes creamier and lasts longer than the regular stuff. I am lactose intolerant (not as bad as others), but I find that if I buy the organic stuff, my body processes it easier.

Today: 1 scrambled egg, 1 bacon, 1 piece of toast with a little jam and a glass of milk for breakfast; 2 airline cookies and two cans of juice for lunch; fish and asparagus and 1/3 of brownie with chocolate syrup and a bite of vanilla ice cream for dinner. Breakfast in California, lunch somewhere, and dinner in Florida.

Guest europeanman
Today - 22 September, Saturday - I had yogurt, meatballs, jalapeno cheese, steak, two diet Pepsis, flavored tap water.

I my humble view this is an improvement compared to your previous post. :) Congrats! May I offer a next micro-step towards a better diet? Get rid of the pepsis and the flavoured water :)

I my humble view this is an improvement compared to your previous post. :) Congrats! May I offer a next micro-step towards a better diet? Get rid of the pepsis and the flavoured water :)

Good advice but I'm not going to toss out what I have now. I'll see how it goes the closer I get to grocery reorder time.

Today - Sunday, 23 September - I had yogurt, two diet Pepsis and I made bologna sandwiches. Just slices of beef bologna, mustard, with slices of Kraft singles Swiss Cheese. No bread!

And although today was a "sh*t day" I didn't need any sugar free candy.

The other day I made some sugar free chocolate pudding. I hope to remember to eat it tomorrow; I keep forgetting.

Today was sugar-free chocolate pudding, two diet Pepsis, bottle of plain water, beef hot dogs with cottage cheese, apple

I have defrosted a steak for tomorrow.

Please eat some vegetables, I beg you.

Here I go being a pushy vegan again, but I can’t fathom feeling at my best (physically or mentally) if that was my daily fuel. Food is medicine!

Green tea with soy milk and sugar, honeycrisp apple, peanut butter and jelly granola bar, GF Brown rice pasta and tomato sauce, baby kale salad dressed with oil and vinegar, curried quinoa and chickpea salad, Trader joe’s Dark chocolate truffle bar (half a bar)