Burger King Delivers

Avalon
This topic is 2077 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Thanks! I have the Life Alert system hooked up in case I fall. I've had it since 1 May. I wear the button on a string around my neck 24/7.

Or if there's a fire?

~Boomer~

Good question! I'd use the back of a dining room chair like a walker. I'd get to the front door. Once outside I'd have to sit down else my legs would give way. I'd then repeat but every few feet I would have to sit down.

I'd call them and check.

~Boomer~

Life Alert sends help 24/7 for medical, fire, and home invasion emergencies.

~Boomer~

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to Movie out of Bugtussle and to a real,place

Actually, you might have a better chance at delivery in the suburbs. In Manhattan, most places deliver within a 10 block radius at most. If you want a delivery from Burger King and you're 3o blocks away, you need to pay big bucks to a third party service.

Yes, it sounded like he was saying that Avalon lives in Hicksville because the local Burger King doesn't deliver. Not sure where Avalon lives, but I'm saying that it doesn't necessarily work that way.

I read too many of A's posts. Since he is bomebound, he get good, helpful suggestions. Unclear if he actually calls.

Thanks! I have the Life Alert system hooked up in case I fall. I've had it since 1 May. I wear the button on a string around my neck 24/7.

Another suggestion (since I live alone), I've stopped locking my door at night. If I ever needed to call 911, they'd have to break down the door to get in if it was locked. Not a good thing. So, whenever I'm home, the front door is unlocked. I live in a safe neighborhood so I'm not worried. Plus, I always have one of my guns on me or on the nightstand when I'm in bed. I feel very safe and more comfortable knowing EMS can get in if something happens.

McDonalds delivers via uber eats. Many, many fast food chains will follow

it was a good thing for some folks to at least walk, drive or move in their mobility scooter to get to McDonald's.

w5jEQMN.png

Will couches with built-in toilets be far behind?

Shh... don't give millennials the idea or they'll do it and we'll go bankrupt paying healthcare.

Here's a brilliant ad by the American Academy or Orthopedics Surgeons on the matter.

Edited by marylander1940

I read too many of A's posts. Since he is bomebound, he get good, helpful suggestions. Unclear if he actually calls.

I don't eat fast food anymore. But I do remember many years ago Burger King had a great baked potato. And Wendy's had a wonderful salad bar. My favorite place though was Taco Bell.

But when I was able to get out and about I liked the Subway salads. Any sandwich could be made into a salad. No bread.

it was a good thing for some folks to at least walk, drive or move in their mobility scooter to get to McDonald's.

w5jEQMN.png

Shh... don't give millennials the idea or they'll do it and we'll go bankrupt paying healthcare.

Here's a brilliant ad by the American Academy or Orthopedics Surgeons on the matter.

I wonder how far she can go on that and what the top speed is? Battery? Can it be recharged? Plug in?

Another suggestion (since I live alone), I've stopped locking my door at night. If I ever needed to call 911, they'd have to break down the door to get in if it was locked. Not a good thing. So, whenever I'm home, the front door is unlocked. I live in a safe neighborhood so I'm not worried. Plus, I always have one of my guns on me or on the nightstand when I'm in bed. I feel very safe and more comfortable knowing EMS can get in if something happens.

Having the Life Alert system they recommend getting a small lock box for the key. And then hook it somewhere like on the meter box or stairway. It needs a password to open it. Just have to tell the Life Alert operator what it is.

Taco Bell. It has a taco shell crust, and it's not very filling for the calories. I'd definitely avoid it if you're watching your diet.

Of course! Who would have a Mexican pizza but Taco Bell. Silly me! :)

I don't really cook. So this was probably last century I'd buy a box of tacos and burritos from Taco Bell and have food for a week. I'd go to McDonalds with their 35 cent cheeseburgers also!

Unfortunately is not even real beef, just like guacamole (avocado) dip is usually not made out of it.

Of course it’s real beef:

http://factmyth.com/factoids/taco-bells-beef-isnt-real-beef/

Mind you...the process they use to strip/steam every morsel of flesh from a carcass might be distasteful. (Google “pink slime”). That’s the meat industry not Taco Bell per se

Of course it’s real beef:

http://factmyth.com/factoids/taco-bells-beef-isnt-real-beef/

Mind you...the process they use to strip/steam every morsel of flesh from a carcass might be distasteful. (Google “pink slime”). That’s the meat industry not Taco Bell per se

I guess I was continuing an urban myth, thanks for the link.

Should we all go more often to Taco Bell? As a treat I'll keep it to McChicken. Please don't tell me is NOT made out of chicken...

I guess I was continuing an urban myth, thanks for the link.

Should we all go more often to Taco Bell? As a treat I'll keep it to McChicken. Please don't tell me is NOT made out of chicken...

You’re good with McD’s chicken! The one dollar value menu McChicken is one of my “guilty pleasures”

https://www.newsweek.com/mcdonalds-says-it-will-improve-treatment-chickens-695337

My mom was hugging walls, too, until she got a walker with wheels for around the house. I was more afraid that she'd fall when hugging walls then have an accident with the walker. It took her a while to remember to always use the walker in the house. She got two wheelchairs for $10; one from a thrift store and one from someone that didn't need it any more. Of course, the wheelchairs needed someone to push them.

Yes, but he never mentioned any summer heat waves, which would be a concern for someone who can not leave his apartment.

My issue: a forum member may live with in driving distance.

Thanks for tryying to help @Bearofdistinction.

Since I was last outside back in April the weather / heat had no affect on me. I have central air and heat.

This is a transition period. Highs in the 80s/90s and lows in the 50s. I keep the thermostat set at 78. It the morning it will say the inside temp is low 70s. I pull the blanket over me in the wee hours of the morning. Late evening though the a/c comes on. We'll get temps like this into October.

My a/c is electric and the heater is gas. The gas is alot more expensive than the electricity so I try not to turn on the heater as long as possible.