Comment type too light

tassojunior
This topic is 2103 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm not sure which font you're referring to. Where do comments appear?

Kevin Slater

I'm not certain to which type you are referring to by "comments," but I have the same issue with the print that appears immediately below the thread titles.

I'm referring to the type that I am typing right now and that your replies are in. Only in M4M Forums it (this) is very light gray against white.

I'm referring to the type that I am typing right now and that your replies are in. Only in M4M Forums it (this) is very light gray against white.

For me, those characters show up as dark black (though the characters in folks' signatures show up as a somewhat muted grey). I wonder if it has to do with your browser's default font setting or such. Try in a different browser (e.g. Firefox rather than IE) and report back.

Kevin Slater

For me, those characters show up as dark black (though the characters in folks' signatures show up as a somewhat muted grey). I wonder if it has to do with your browser's default font setting or such. Try in a different browser (e.g. Firefox rather than IE) and report back.

Kevin Slater

You are right. Its only a problem in Windows 10, not Android. But type in all other programs, including forums, is fine in Win10 using Chrome. Only M4M is very light gray on white.

You are right. Its only a problem in Windows 10, not Android. But type in all other programs, including forums, is fine in Win10 using Chrome. Only M4M is very light gray on white.

Not sure it is exactly helpful, but I have Windows 10 and use both Chrome and Firefox. Not seeing what you are seeing... Font is black in all respects, except for the signatures as @Kevin Slater indicated.

In the tool bar at the top of the reply box is an underlined capital "A" which, when left-clicked, will display a drop-down palette of colors. Have you selected "black" or another darker font color that would display more visibly?

Edit: Palette

Edited by sync

In the tool bar at the top of the reply box is an underlined capital "A" which, when left-clicked, will display a drop-down palette of colors. Have you selected "black" or another darker font color that would display more visibly?

Edit: Palette

I've been playing around with settings and the ones on this menu only control the comment one's writing. I think it's a combination of my keeping my monitor very bright and the default font here being some sort of serif font like Times New Roman? that I'm not used to online. I'm used to only viewing sans serif fonts online (like this arial) and the squiggles on serifs make it much more blurred. I just had a scratched cornea so my sight isn't back to normal and not up to dealing with serifs yet. I don't have any problem reading the font I'm using now and it even seems darker. So it's the font. But it's fine and dark on Android.

Thanks for the suggestions.