The Definitive Ranking of Madonna's Top 60 Singles

Avalon
This topic is 2103 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Didn't count, but I know about 2/3 of them. Hated her at the start of her career, had a stretch mid-career when I liked her stuff, haven't listened to anything new in years.

I'm just the opposite. I liked her early stuff but did not follow her career.

The last Madonna album that I listened to on repeat was Music. There were a couple of songs on the successor albums: American Life, and Confessions on a Dance Floor, that I liked. BTW, "Hung Up" on that latter album is clearly a tribute to the ABBA song, "Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!"

Thanks for sharing this link Avalon. After reading the article, I just realized that the old girl turned 60 this week. Good for her. She's the only one of the 80s pop superstars (including Michael, Whitney, Prince, George Michael) that made it to this milestone. I made a playlist of these songs and will be playing it for the next few days. Not only is it cool to remember all of her hits but it's also fun to remember what was going on in life when these songs were popular. Thanks again!!

Oh, what lust has done to this old man. I misread the title of this thread as "the definitive ranking of Madonna's 60 tops." I was expecting a hot hunk gallery. :p

She was screwing some guy called Jesus from Brazil whose mom was younger than her I think-hot guy!

With men named Jesus, I wonder what do you say, "Fuck me Jesus, yeah this is the second cumming- Hell yeah Jesus."!

Edited by Walker1

This is all fine and good, and yes, Madonna deserves a huge amount of recognition for an outstanding career that has included much more than just being a pop singer.

But as for the article the thread cites, what's with the "definitive" crap? It's just another subjective list of someone's favorites, IMO. The internet is saturated with these kind of meaningless lists.

Thanks for sharing this link Avalon. After reading the article, I just realized that the old girl turned 60 this week. Good for her. She's the only one of the 80s pop superstars (including Michael, Whitney, Prince, George Michael) that made it to this milestone. I made a playlist of these songs and will be playing it for the next few days. Not only is it cool to remember all of her hits but it's also fun to remember what was going on in life when these songs were popular. Thanks again!!

What about Cher?

[YAWN] I guess I’m missing that particular gay gene. The genes for Streisand Garland and Cher too. I DID get the one for opera thankfully although the Callas strand is a bit recessive.

I never got the Streisand gene, lol. While I can appreciate her talent, I often find her impossible to watch or listen to. To me, she's always trying too hard to show just how damn hard she's working. Instant turnoff when performers do that.

When Sonny and Cher had their first variety show on in the 70's, I was too young to be up that late, but somehow I remember sneaking out of bed to watch it. I liked her back then. When she discovered the dubious joys of auto-tune (i.e. that awful single "Believe" that everyone loves) I kinda lost interest. But I like her in her film roles.

Callas? IMO, A fantastic actress with a very flawed voice. But always fascinating to listen to even so.

This is all fine and good, and yes, Madonna deserves a huge amount of recognition for an outstanding career that has included much more than just being a pop singer.

But as for the article the thread cites, what's with the "definitive" crap? It's just another subjective list of someone's favorites, IMO. The internet is saturated with these kind of meaningless lists.

You're questioning GayStarNews? :p

a piece written by their editor in chief?

Gwy9ErTh_400x400.jpg

^

He does look a little bit young to understand pop music history.

At least the article didn't make us click 60 times like most of these horrid lists. Mercy!