being a relationship wreck-ee

Smurof
This topic is 2114 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Is it commonplace for relationships that form out of cheating to end as a result of cheating? I find it bizarre in heterosexual relationships the majority reaction of the female is to harm or threaten the other female to have their man back supposedly to herself, and to forgive him!

This may be no different than asking if a repeat jailed criminal will commit another crime if released a third time. It's sad to see people deeply hurt when loyalty is shown on their side, but bewildering to me when all is simply swept under a rug as if nothing was ever wrong, ala Hillary Clinton and Connie Chung, for example.

I find it bizarre in heterosexual relationships the majority reaction of the female is to harm or threaten the other female to have their man back supposedly to herself, and to forgive him!

Well, I don’t know if the “majority” are that forgiving. I can tell you for a fact that sometimes irreparable harm is done, and there is no forgiveness or middle ground to be found.

Regardless of gender - if in relationship and one cheats and they separate and the cheater takes up with the new honey why would the honey expect the cheater to be faithful? Once a cheater always a cheater.

On the other hand a couple could have an agreement on sex outside the relationship. One model does not fit every couple.

Of course, in today's culture, with open relationships/marriages and polyamory, the idea of cheating is almost quaint. /end snark

Open marriages and polyamory are nothing new. People are simply more open about practicing them.

As I used to say to guys who wanted to mess around and said they were in open relationships "is your wife/husband/parter/girlfriend/boyfriend aware of the openness of your relationship?"