Naked bicycle riding

poolboy48220
This topic is 2133 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I've often seen images in the various tumblrs I check out of nude bicycling events, and have read about some specific ones. Has anyone ever participated? Honestly, I can't imagine the discomfort. Back when I biked a lot, I did my first 100-mile day wearing just the thin nylon workout shorts popular in the 80's, and it was hell. When I bought my most recent bike, not that I'm not doing long distances like that, I told the guy I was looking for the most comfortable bike I could find. I've got the padded biking shorts (difficult to find in my current size). I can't imagine the pinching & chafing that'd come with riding bare-ass.

Picture, because I know it'll get this thread more attention :-)

tumblr_paatuy3Ntl1vktiero3_500.jpg

I ride a lot of long distances and wouldn’t even consider naked! @poolboy48220—the new riding shorts usually come in bib form, so they fit very well and the padding technology has come a long way. Except for sore glutes, there’s no chafing. You’ll drop well over $100 usd for decent ones, though.