La Serenata Restaurant, West LA

Avalon
This topic is 2146 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

http://www.laserenataonline.com/

This was the restaurant that Gordon Ramsay did over in the recent episode of "To Hell And Back".

I thought if there were someone in the Los Angeles area that they might want to check it out and report back. At the end of the show they was as an update three months later and sadly the place was falling back into its old ways.

Eh, there’s much better Mexican in LA, usually at just the next taco truck. I couldn’t care less about a Ramsay show restaurant.

My post was not so much about the show else I would have put the thread in the tv section. It was about the restaurant and the food and the quality.

when the tourists start coming ("as featured on The Food Network") just so they can say they ate there, it's waaaayyy too late.......

the best Mexican places are local dives that have never seen a restaurant reviewer, guidebook writer, or "celebrity" chef.......

so, Avalon, sorry to not quite answer your question the way you said, but, well, you know how these threads go!

when the tourists start coming ("as featured on The Food Network") just so they can say they ate there, it's waaaayyy too late.......

the best Mexican places are local dives that have never seen a restaurant reviewer, guidebook writer, or "celebrity" chef.......

so, Avalon, sorry to not quite answer your question the way you said, but, well, you know how these threads go!

I’ll never tell anyone of my local Oaxacan mole hole-in-the-wall spot

I’ll never tell anyone of my local Oaxacan mole hole-in-the-wall spot

There are different regional varieties of Mexican food. The place I like here the owners are from Michoacan. They even import soft drinks in glass bottles! I've not seen that offered at the grocery store in a long while.

I'm surprised GR was able to use that title. Taking this thread completely off topic.

~Boomer~

I love when that happens!

that's probably what we call Mexican Coke: Coke made in Mexico with real cane sugar, not high-fructose corn syrup as is used in the US currently......

Smart and Final here has a whole section of “Mexican Coke” and a brand of Mexican fruit flavored cane sugar sodas in about 8-10 flavors....I pass on Tamarind flavor :eek:

I viewed the show which featured the make over and had planned to seek out reviews. My heart sank at the show's conclusion, esp. when the young chef stated that he no longer was being paid and had to procure a second job.

[i'd planned to visit this restaurant during my next trip to Los Angeles but will not now in my having found out about its fate.]

Gracias to Avalon for his generating this thread.

I would hope that the posters would "STICK to the TOPIC" exclusively! I abhor it when some of my threads have been highjacked by unsolicited crap.

There are different regional varieties of Mexican food. The place I like here the owners are from Michoacan. They even import soft drinks in glass bottles! I've not seen that offered at the grocery store in a long while.

I love when that happens!

All major grocery store offer Coke and Pepsi in the bottles. You will find them in the Mexi section of the grocery store. I haven't checked but I'm certain you could probably order them off Amazon as well.

Hugs,

Greg

Well I’m half Mexican so no need to explain regional...

Here’s the brand I was mentioning:

278_FF162-_CDA6-4561-9412-53_F5_CE8_C9_C72.jpg

http://www.laserenataonline.com/

This was the restaurant that Gordon Ramsay did over in the recent episode of "To Hell And Back".

I thought if there were someone in the Los Angeles area that they might want to check it out and report back. At the end of the show they was as an update three months later and sadly the place was falling back into its old ways.

Also miss the original La Serenata de Garibaldi which was in Boyle Heights.