And now for something completely different...Bismarck?

adventurous old guy
This topic is 2135 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

So I head to Bismarck ND for work in a couple of weeks. Yes, Bismarck. Never any ads posted there, and its been awhile since I've seen threads on venues to meet people in these out of the way places. And by venues I mean Craigslist or some other such forum, not truck stops.

Advice anyone?

Experience in Bismarck anyone?

Edited by adventurous old guy

So I head to Bismarck ND for work in a couple of weeks. Yes, Bismarck. Never any ads posted here, and its been awhile since I've seen threads on venues to meet people in these out of the way places. And my venues I mean Craigslist or some other such forum, not truck stops.

Advice anyone?

Experience in Bismarck anyone?

Maybe you can seduce a fracking cowboy! After all there are not enough women there

The apps like Grindr or Scruff will be your best bet in my opinion. No traditional ads to speak of and none that I ever recall whenever I’m back there. It’s a nice town just on the smaller side in comparison to other state capitals. And, at least you’re not visiting in Jan or Feb!

Thx, have never used those and hadn't thought about that. Bet you're right that this is how people connect. Appreciate it.

Yikes, I haven’t been to Bismarck/Mandan since high school so the only things I know about are the capital building, Fort Lincoln and the civic center. I do remember they did have a nice mall though. Also a hour north is the Garrison Dam and Lake Sakakawea.

Ha, I saw the title of the thread and assumed it was about Otto von Bismarck.

http://www.shopkirkwoodmall.com/

based on their homepage, seems men may not be too welcome at Kirkwood Mall??!!!.......highly offensive! :rolleyes:

On the other hand, both black girls in Bismarck seem to want to eat and shop for deals at Kirkwood Mall so points for inclusiveness there! o_O (According to Wikipedia, Bismarck is 92.4% white.)

And I can get rainbow stripe leggings on sale! http://www.shopkirkwoodmall.com/store/justice/deal/2138324571

Ha, I saw the title of the thread and assumed it was about Otto von Bismarck.

Well you're on the right track. Fun facts: In 1873 the city was renamed after dear old lovable Otto in an effort to attract German immigrants and investment there. They intentionally built downtown 1 mile away from the Missouri Riven in anticipation of rapid growth. Never happened, in part because investment $$ and immigrants shifted to South Dakota in 1874 when gold was discovered.

Also -- who knew? -- the reigning Miss America is from Bismarck! She aspires to be the first female governor of North Dakota. Republican of course. And white.

Oops, wrong forum for political commentary. Bad AOG! :oops:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cara_Mund

Actually, look in his eyes. That's one sexy sheep. Or ram, or whatever it is... :p

Well I, for one, think you've got the right mind-set. That sheep (whether a ram or a ewe) has definitely got it going on. We'll all expect a full report of your trip and the many adventures you had along the way. Please include photos of you in your new hard-to-resist rainbow leggings.