Autoerotica

Moondance

15 hours ago, Charlie said:

My father had that same car. I'm surprised Weissmuller didn't have something more expensive.

Perhaps because 1932--the year of the photo and of the Chevy--was right at the beginning of Johnny's film career. He made his first Tarzan movie--Tarzan the Ape Man--in '32.

And even if a 1932 Chevrolet wasn't the most expensive car a fellow could buy, @Charlie, your father and Johnny got a great looking vehicle. Here are a couple of images of a restored '32 Chevy--a convertible model, as Johnny's appears to be:

180609_Front_3-4_Web.jpg&ehk=fMKiuf17gNY

114231-1932-chevrolet-confederate-conver

4 hours ago, Whitman said:

Perhaps because 1932--the year of the photo and of the Chevy--was right at the beginning of Johnny's film career. He made his first Tarzan movie--Tarzan the Ape Man--in '32.

And even if a 1932 Chevrolet wasn't the most expensive car a fellow could buy, @Charlie, your father and Johnny got a great looking vehicle. Here are a couple of images of a restored '32 Chevy--a convertible model, as Johnny's appears to be:

180609_Front_3-4_Web.jpg&ehk=fMKiuf17gNY

114231-1932-chevrolet-confederate-conver

One can't tell from these photos, but the car had a rumble seat. I saw a photo once of my mother sitting in it.

• 2 weeks later...