Would You Drink Water Made From Recycled Urine?

Avalon
This topic is 2184 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Where do you think much of our water already comes from? It goes down the drain, through the sewers and to a reclamation plant, from there it's back into the pipes and out of our faucets.

i think it depends on where you live. I know many cities dont put the reclaimed water back into the water supply because the people would riot if they found out they are drinking recycled urine.

I know in Las Vegas the treated water is used for the golf courses and irrigation and other non drinking purposes.

I dont believe they pump it back into Lake Mead because its too pure for the ecosystem.

Many south west and west coast cities are pushing to put the treated water into the drinking system, due to droughts and what not despite public squeamishness. It just makes sense in these times of drought.

i think it depends on where you live. I know many cities dont put the reclaimed water back into the water supply because the people would riot if they found out they are drinking recycled urine.

I know in Las Vegas the treated water is used for the golf courses and irrigation and other non drinking purposes.

I dont believe they pump it back into Lake Mead because its too pure for the ecosystem.

Many south west and west coast cities are pushing to put the treated water into the drinking system, due to droughts and what not despite public squeamishness. It just makes sense in these times of drought.

In NYC the waste water, after treatment and purification is released in to the ocean not resent into the pipes for drinking. So we mostly drink rainwater accumulated in reservoirs and rivers.

I would have no problem if the water was recycled, tbh, the only thing that matters to me is that the process actually removes bacteria, viruses, and molecules/elements that can harm me, and any odour or taste.

But any process that matches this criteria is game.

There's a difference between closed system purification and recycling of water and putting purified water back into natural systems, in the latter it's much more diluted. For coastal cities where waste water goes into the ocean the calculation that officials make is different to the calculation on riverine systems. In the former, it is lost to any reuse unless it is captured and recycled, in the latter waste water goes back into the river and is part of the overall supply of water downstream. In the case of Canberra, we are near the top of a river system. Most of our water is sourced from national park areas with no upstream use, although after droughts in the early norties some of it is now drawn from a river that has flowed through settled areas so there is some recycled water in that supply. The whole catchment is managed so the city is limited in how much water it can draw, and processed waste water is counted as a credit when it is returned to the river. It then goes on to be a source of water for downstream cities and agriculture. There, it's not recycled sewage as it's mixed with other water in the river, but everyone downstream is drinking some of our piss.

...I know in Las Vegas the treated water is used for the golf courses and irrigation and other non drinking purposes.

I dont believe they pump it back into Lake Mead because its too pure for the ecosystem....

Las Vegas has one of the world’s most advanced water recycling systems. If water goes down a drain it is almost certainly recycled. And much is returned to the potable water system under the “return-flow credit” program. The following links explain in detail:

https://www.snwa.com/where-southern-nevada-gets-its-water/recycled-water/index.html#returnflow

https://www.snwa.com/drought-and-conservation/conservation-facts-and-achievements/index.html

Yeah, the meds are more worrisome than the urine, esp. birth control pills. I think men are already suffering from elevated estrogen levels as beer drinking expands.

Going off subject (yet following y ou) so many girls having their first "monthly visitor" at 10/11 because of all the estrogen and other artificial products for fast grow fed to animals who end up in our tables.

Where do you think much of our water already comes from? It goes down the drain, through the sewers and to a reclamation plant, from there it's back into the pipes and out of our faucets.

Well, sort of. The treated wastewater is released somewhere (ocean, river, evaporation ponds), evaporates, returns in the form of precipitation, lands in a body of water (lake, river, reservoir, groundwater ), makes it way to a purification plant, is purified, and ends up in your tap.

In NYC the waste water, after treatment and purification is released in to the ocean not resent into the pipes for drinking. So we mostly drink rainwater accumulated in reservoirs and rivers.

I would have no problem if the water was recycled, tbh, the only thing that matters to me is that the process actually removes bacteria, viruses, and molecules/elements that can harm me, and any odour or taste.

But any process that matches this criteria is game.

If you have faith in the existing filtration and treatment processes you should have no issues. Rivers, lakes, and reservoirs contain all sorts of microorganisms and bacteria.