Barcelona travel friend

haring222
This topic is 2093 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hey! Are there any forum members who are interested in taking a trip to Barcelona and might want a travel friend? I am super interested in checking out the 'guys for rent' scene at the saunas, the city, maybe hiring an extended tour guide, etc. Me: late 30s average non smoking fellow who lives in Chicago. I am nice. My friends all think that my interest in rent boys is perverted.

Hey! Are there any forum members who are interested in taking a trip to Barcelona and might want a travel friend? I am super interested in checking out the 'guys for rent' scene at the saunas, the city, maybe hiring an extended tour guide, etc. Me: late 30s average non smoking fellow who lives in Chicago. I am nice. My friends all think that my interest in rent boys is perverted.

If you go....pleas do not miss the Fundacion Miro, ok? I would happily show you around, but fear that I will be in Bangkok when you are likely to be in Barcelona....

I'm more interested in your interest in Keith Haring

My folks were big art collectors...when I chose an aol screen name is the 90s, there was a painting hanging over the desk by Keith Haring and for whatever reason I decided it would be a catchy choice. The screen name (and the painting, which is currently trussed up in my living room) has been following be around ever since. I am actually not that huge of a fan.

I am actually not that huge of a fan.

Interesting. That's too bad, as his work, along with Basquiat has been fantastic for investors over the years. I can, however, understand if it's not your artistic style.

Side note: I invested in two Haring originals over the last 10 years. If you ever want to consider selling yours, please reach out privately.

My mom bought her painting directly from Keith Haring in his NYC studio, and she and my dad met Basquiat on the same visit. My mom fell in love with a painting, but my dad refused to even consider it. He used to tell the story of 'she spent a lot of money on an ugly pink painting on a cardboard maytag box from a f**, but I put my foot down when she wanted to buy a painting from a black guy who had a crack pipe out when we were there to see his work.'

My mum swears the painting later sold for 50 million to a Japanese fellow....my dad probably should have listened to her.

My mom bought her painting directly from Keith Haring in his NYC studio, and she and my dad met Basquiat on the same visit. My mom fell in love with a painting, but my dad refused to even consider it. He used to tell the story of 'she spent a lot of money on an ugly pink painting on a cardboard maytag box from a f**, but I put my foot down when she wanted to buy a painting from a black guy who had a crack pipe out when we were there to see his work.'

My mum swears the painting later sold for 50 million to a Japanese fellow....my dad probably should have listened to her.

Thanks for sharing that story :)

I'd have loved to go to the Pop Shop in its prime. To think Haring's stuff was once sold for under $1k. Same goes for Basquiat.

I have a friend who has one of his custom-done bassinets and a smaller sarcophagus. I drool a little when I see them.

Edited by Benjamin_Nicholas

• 2 months later...