MassuerFinder bans undocumented

tassojunior
This topic is 2165 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Exactly. This is the same arguments we hear when gay esrablishments are caught being racist to blacks or sexually harassing subordinates.

MF says it is not an employer, only an advertising medium, and therefore they do not have to check the state massuer licenses of their advertisers.

Then they turn around and say they must check the immigration status of those advertisers??

Sorry, that is a lie. And they know it.

Yes, they should check identification to make sure of age and that the ad is not a scam. But they are rejecting the same goverment documents that TSA allows people to fly domestically under....their home country passports. They are even rejecting state driver's licenses that don't require Social Security numbers which TSA accepts.

When MassuerFinder goes past checking for valid identification to checking for immigration status , they have completely jumped the fascist shark.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my masseurs has a MF ad. He told me a few weeks ago he received a notification from MF that they would need 2 pieces of info from him to confirm his identity and age, to ensure he was over 18 years old.. This request was sent to all masseurs on MF.

1) A copy of his drivers license or a copy of his passport if he was a non-citizen

2) A three finger selfie that would match/verify it was him in the driver's license or passport.

He provided a copy of his driver's license, and a three finger selfie....and that was it. MF is obviously just covering their asses by assuring everyone is over 18 years old on their website. They should have done this back in the day.....but after SESTA/FOSTA are now obviously being more diligent in their record keeping.

Edited by Dmitri

One of my masseurs has a MF ad. He told me a few weeks ago he received a notification from MF that they would need 2 pieces of info from him to confirm his identity and age, to ensure he was over 18 years old.. This request was sent to all masseurs on MF.

1) A copy of his drivers license or a copy of his passport if he was a non-citizen

2) A three finger selfie that would match/verify it was him in the driver's license or passport.

He provided a copy of his driver's license, and a three finger selfie....and that was it. MF is obviously just covering their asses by assuring everyone is over 18 years old on their website. They should have done this back in the time.....but after SESTA/FOSTA are now obviously being more diligent in their record keeping.

That would be fine if true, but my friend and several others mentioned above have had their passports refused by MF for identification, along with foreign driver's licenses and state non-SS# IDs and drivers licenses.

MassuerFinder needs to get out of immigration enforcement.

Edited by tassojunior

If you want to argue that MF is correct in asking for identification, Cruiser, then at least make the correct argument. They are not simply checking IDs to ensure the advertiser is of legal age; they are insisting advertisers have government identification issued by a government authority in the US.

See Dmitry’s post above regarding this.

I don't think anyone would argue that refusing ads from minors is wrong. And if someone wants a fake ID I think it's pretty easy to get one still, so who are they fooling anyway?

Seems like you may have hit upon a solution. If fake ID is so easy to get, why don’t those refused get that?

Since all of this is being done on line, not in person, it seems like it would be very easy for someone to submit something that looks like legitimate ID that is merely something Photoshopped on a computer.

So why aren’t the people “refused” doing that?

Since MF is not employing the advertisers, there is no law requiring them to document advertisers' authority to work in the US so all MF is doing is a poor "cover your ass" action that isn't necessary but that sends a negative message, at least to some in our community.

I personally think MF is going overboard in its reaction to the current political climate. The website became much less useful when they removed the categories. Then came their stupid shirtless photo rule. Now this. Maybe the site owners should simply shut down their site because, from my perspective, they are steadily making choices that will drive away business -- both advertisers and potential customers.

Didn’t we say the same about Craigslist and BackPage? Of course they’re going overboard, they don’t want their site shut down along with possible other legal ramifications. Even if this means the site is a shell of its former self.

Again, there is ZERO chance they will shut down for "employing" illegals because they don't employ.

If they are not just selling ads but also checking papers of advertisers besides age, then they are going to be shut down for not also checking state massage licenses.

Bullet, meet foot.

Edited by tassojunior

I don't think comparing a site like MasseurFinder to Craigslist or, especially, Backpage makes sense. I have never seen a hint of what I would suspect could be a sex trafficked person on MF. Backpage's big problem was that there were teen girls being pimped out through ads there. It isn't enough to say you don't tolerate the sexual exploitation of children if you continue to allow pimps to place ads for teens. I assume part of the problem is technological. A site like MF doesn't let people directly post their ads. People come up with their ad copy and submit that with their photos. Sites like CL and BP were direct posts, though, making it very easy for people to game whatever screening filters were presumably in place to try to avoid such ads to be posted.

@maninsoma I was comparing those two sites only because those, too, virtually shut themselves down as opposed to running any risk. I was not comparing the content of each individual site, moreso that a lot of these sites are “running scared” and not taking a chance against the government.

@maninsoma I was comparing those two sites only because those, too, virtually shut themselves down as opposed to running any risk. I was not comparing the content of each individual site, moreso that a lot of these sites are “running scared” and not taking a chance against the government.

Neither Craigslist or BackPage were closed for having ads by illegal immigrants. Even though I'm sure each had hundreds of such ads, the government didn't care enough to even mention it.

MF has no valud reason to be tougher on immigrants than TSA which accepts foreign passports and no SS# state ids and drivers licenses.

Not only are they putting themselves in greater jeopardy by screening for documents, but they are losing many $300/mo advertisers.

Mean and stupid all around.

A friend just told me his and a friend's accounts at MF have been closed because they cannot provide evidence of legal US residency or US drivers license. They both have foreign passports and licenses showing age.

Are others being affected by this and are there work-arounds? I suggested getting an id or license from one of the states that have special ones for the undocumented.

Since MF is in no way employing or receiving a percentage I don't get their logic.

The guy's friend is now working grindr.

Any experiences?

Yes, that's true.

Lots of guys are moving to A4A.

Neither Craigslist or BackPage were closed for having ads by illegal immigrants. Even though I'm sure each had hundreds of such ads, the government didn't care enough to even mention it.

MF has no valud reason to be tougher on immigrants than TSA which accepts foreign passports and no SS# state ids and drivers licenses.

Not only are they putting themselves in greater jeopardy by screening for documents, but they are losing many $300/mo advertisers.

I am still thinking trafficking. Trafficking usually happens from foreign nations. Maybe they are just being overtly cautious. Backpage owners are in jail and with a combined assault from the left and right. Kamala Harris then AG of CA and new Senator from CA partnered with the AG from TX.

SOSTA was passed overwhelmingly in a bipartisan manner. Maybe they are trying to run as much as possible, trying to show they took all precautions before just folding the site altogether.

I don't know, but just prostitution is different than sex trafficking-in terms of what you get charged with for the same "crime". Someone can put up a passport-heck the FBI might do a fake profile and run it by-look what is coming out in the Russia probe.

I am scared-I have kids, am single parent. Who knows what their story is-why would they willingly turn away money/business. Now with this and Rentboy we know democrats will not support us.

Edited by Walker1

They aren't employing, but they are certainly connecting buyers and sellers, and if what they are buying and selling is not legal, they can find themselves in trouble, and their assets seized. TSA is just screening travelers, many of whom are simply tourists, of course they don't need to ensure someone is a legal resident.

I didn't read past the first couple of posts, so forgive me if this was already mentioned.

Perhaps MF's goal is to have masseurs maintain an ad in their home city, resulting in more revenue for MF than if the masseur were to only run an ad occasionally.

https://www.masseurfinder.com/massage-therapists/23740/

https://www.masseurfinder.com/massage-therapists/24053/

I spoke with a couple of my Czech friends and a Ukranian friend who advertise on MF when in the US and they said MF accepts their home country passports and driver's licenses as ID and they do not ask for visa proof. (Almost all passports are in native language/English/French).

But my latino friends have all been kicked off MF for not having valid US ID and proof of legal residence here. MF will not accept their home country passports as ID.

Got to love this from MF's Terms and Conditions:

"Please note that Advertisers and Users on this Website are not required to undergo a mandatory background check, criminal history evaluation, or registered sex offender check before using this Website, or posting an advertisement".

So it's not up to MF to make sure your masseur is not a violent criminal, much less licensed.

But MF will be vigilant that no one is subjected to a massage by an undocumented latino.

Got to love this from MF's Terms and Conditions:

"Please note that Advertisers and Users on this Website are not required to undergo a mandatory background check, criminal history evaluation, or registered sex offender check before using this Website, or posting an advertisement".

So it's not up to MF to make sure your masseur is not a violent criminal, much less licensed.

But MF will be vigilant that no one is subjected to a massage by an undocumented latino.

Considering that massagem4m is down completely-their main page is up, but you click on any link, city search it is down, I think it is only a matter of time before masseurfinder is down too. The way they went after backpage in a bipartisan fashion-CA AG current US senator Kamala Harris and AG from TX joining with Justice dept-probably looking at decades in jail-that started even before SOSTA.

Why would they want to lose business-unless of course they are afraid of life behind bars.

Considering that massagem4m is down completely-their main page is up, but you click on any link, city search it is down, I think it is only a matter of time before masseurfinder is down too. The way they went after backpage in a bipartisan fashion-CA AG current US senator Kamala Harris and AG from TX joining with Justice dept-probably looking at decades in jail-that started even before SOSTA.

Why would they want to lose business-unless of course they are afraid of life behind bars.

I'm actually hoping the massage ad sites survive SESTA. But they won't if they clearly are investigating the advertisers so much on something like immigration. The government will argue, as with BackPage, that they should also have been aware then that there was sex going on and they could easily have also asked for copies of state massage licenses if they can ask for proof of immigration papers.

Masseurfinder is not going anywhere. The owner is just too greedy to let it go. It's just that now they are kind of a monopoly so they can do whatever they want with no consequences: remove customer service, ban your account if you complain, ask for US ID, etc. MF know masseurs have limited options to advertise so they can get away with it.

I wonder what they require of masseurs advertising in cities outside the United States?

They are a global site (although I cheer for rentmasseur kicking their ass). Maybe they do the same passport + selfie routine for all, but then the question is whether they check whether a Ukrainian masseur located in Paris has the authorization to work in France? The same questions go for Canada too, eh? ;-)

I wonder what they require of masseurs advertising in cities outside the United States?

They are a global site (although I cheer for rentmasseur kicking their ass). Maybe they do the same passport + selfie routine for all, but then the question is whether they check whether a Ukrainian masseur located in Paris has the authorization to work in France? The same questions go for Canada too, eh? ;-)

From what I hear from friends, it seems they only check immigration for latinos in the US.

Have I just discovered another odd MasseurFinder "strategy" or have they been doing this for a while? I clicked on links to a few ads just now (2:45 am where I live) and while the photos, rates and reviews for the masseurs display there is no ad copy. If this is yet another move by MF's owners to acquire a squeaky-clean image, I don't understand it. Why would removing ad content between midnight and 6am (like they previously did with phone numbers) be meaningful?