Call Me By Your Name on Cable

Snbrd
This topic is 2111 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished watching this. I normally avoid watching "poignant" movies... I never really feel good after seeing them and while I may become emotional it feels manufactured to me. But, I wasn't doing anything this afternoon so I watched.

I liked it OK.

I guess it highlights for me the way that I've changed over the years.

When I was young the ending of an infatuation or crush or "falling in love" felt devastating. The very first guy who I was deeply infatuated with, Tim, died at 24.

Today, when I'm lucky enough to become close to someone and feel strongly about them, and they about me, I enjoy every minute. And when it does end I'm sad but appreciative of having had the experience.

Appreciation without bitterness.

I guess that's the perspective that age brings.

And when I die I hope to have lived a full life and have lots of scars... physical, emotional and spiritual. Maybe some regrets along the way but lots of happiness.

I just finished watching this. I normally avoid watching "poignant" movies... I never really feel good after seeing them and while I may become emotional it feels manufactured to me. But, I wasn't doing anything this afternoon so I watched.

I liked it OK.

I guess it highlights for me the way that I've changed over the years.

When I was young the ending of an infatuation or crush or "falling in love" felt devastating. The very first guy who I was deeply infatuated with, Tim, died at 24.

Today, when I'm lucky enough to become close to someone and feel strongly about them, and they about me, I enjoy every minute. And when it does end I'm sad but appreciative of having had the experience.

Appreciation without bitterness.

I guess that's the perspective that age brings.

And when I die I hope to have lived a full life and have lots of scars... physical, emotional and spiritual. Maybe some regrets along the way but lots of happiness.

That sounds like a good way to live/love to me.

Gman

I just watched it on Starz last night. I thought it was okay, not great - perhaps my expectations were too high after the original thread on the movie. I thought the father's speech to the son towards the end was one of the most moving parts.

@Keith30309 reminded me of Dumbledore's comment in the sixth Harry Potter movie, when Ron, feverish, calls out Hermoine's name instead of his girfriend's, name, and the girlfriend breaks down crying: "Oh, to be young, and to feel love's keen sting".